Motor for MBX6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Nick411
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Nicholas S.
Radio of choice:
Radiopost
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Motor for MBX6

As a lot of you know, i'm an electric guy but i know just as mutch about nitro as i do electric, and i'm going nitro (after falling in love at the enduro). I've got a MBX6 and the motors that are on my short list are the reedy 121vr and the tecnopower BO1. I'm leaning more towards the tecnopower because of my experiance with ae stuff () and it is the result of Rody Roem and Sergio Rossi comparing notes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

On temporary leave.....be back soon!
Nick411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

Werks B5 - $199.99. Runs like a clock. Tooooons of low end grunt, very respectable top end. One of the most popular engines in North America.

Werks B6 - $229.99. Basically the same story, smoother on the bottom, top end is insane.

Novarossi +4. $280...? Ridiculous quality.

I would strongly suggest buying two of whichever engine you have, have a spare clutch on the second one, that way you can swap when it starts acting silly. Your pipe will match perfectly.

Make sure you get a pipe that is well suited to the engine you choose.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

I would recommend something that is smooth on the bottom end
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #4

Total Props: 57
Any motor made by Nova or OS is a good and safe choice.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
big_bg
RCC Apprentice

Get a motor that other people run it's much easier to get tuning help and if you run out of plugs then you won't be S.O.L. I ran a Novarossi at the beggining of last year and the quality and look was great but when it popped the rebuild was going to cost 200 american for just for the piston and sleeve with another 80+ for a rod. I ended up throwing a dynamite mach 2 in my buggy and the thing flies, there are 6 or 7 guys at the track running them plus countless other customers who have bought them and I've yet to hear any complaints, in a buggy it's more then enough power, it's a quick engine and for the 140-150 price tag there's nothing that compares except maybe the Werks B5. For normal club racing as long as you have a motor that will clear all jumps while letting you hit the competitive lines I see no reason in spending 300+ dollars on an engine. Another line to look at it the Dynamite Platinum series of engines a couple of the sprucewood guys use these engines and the whole pinnacle team uses engines from the dynamite line. From what i have seen with the Reedy engines I would avoid them but others have had success so it's your call, I have no experience with the technopower line
Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

The Reedy's are good. Nova Rossi engines are easy to tune as well. I still have a P5 that runs awesome.

Nova Rossi and OS would be my first 2 choices. RB maybe as well.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

Abiye always told me that the best motors begin with O and end with S...haha

I am pretty sure I will be running an OS next year.

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in