IMAC Regions in Canada - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

View Poll Results: This poll is to find out whether most Scale Aerobatics pilots here in Canada are in favor of having
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
180 100.00%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
IMAC Regions in Canada

Hi guys

This poll is to find out whether most Scale Aerobatics pilots here in Canada are in favor of having our own regions of IMAC in Canada, or to stay the way we are with the current system, where we are included in the various US regions. I know there are some strong feelings on both sides, and I do not want this to turn into a debate, so I would please ask that you vote with just a yes or a no. Thanks

This poll is not binding in any way, but it will show how some of us feel about this issue.

It goes without saying that you should be a Scale Aerobatics pilot to participate.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #2
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
where is the poll?
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic
where is the poll?
Didnt come through for some reason... Jason can you help us out here?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 10:50 PM   #4
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bob H

In review, the proposal is to pull Ontario out of the IMAC North Central Region, and pull Quebec and the Maritimes out of the IMAC North East Region, and to pull those Provinces west of Ontario out of the IMAC North West Region, while at the same time IMAC would create three NEW IMAC Regions in Canada ( respectively)

My vote is NO, I'm NOT in favour of having our own IMAC Regions ( just yet)

I feel the system is working just fine the way it is.

1. We have good support from the IMAC BOD if and when we need it. If we pull out we "more or less"will be expected to fend for ourselves.

2. We don't have strong ( high) enough numbers of Scale Aerobatic ( IMAC ) flyers throught all of Canada to support the infrastructure .

Sure We had about 35 guys in Ontario last summer flying IMAC, but let's look at the breakdown:

Basic = 20 ( plus 1 from the USA)
Sportsman = 5 ( plus 4 from the USA)
Intermediate = 3 ( most did only 1 or 2 contests) ( Plus 2 from USA at 1 contest)
Advanced = 5 ( 2 guys did 1 contest each)
Unlimited = 2 ( 1 guy did 1 contest , 1 guy did 2 contests) ( plus 0 from the USA)

MANY were first time flyers at most of the contests, especially Edenvale, Hamilton and Stoney Creek. 2004 will see the loss of the Oakville contest, according to CD Tony Kreg. We don't know yet if Edenvale will have a contest there in 2004. I have heard musings that the executive isn't all that fussy about having "IMAC" back again. Something about "not enough activity or turnout to merit anither contest ( this is just talk, I could be totaly out to lunch on this)

This kind of structure does not a " Region" make

2. Quebec had about 50 different guys on the overall summer roster last year, but none the less still only averaged about 20 to 25 guys per contest. again, this indicates a lot of "first timers" or "transients"

3. What Scale Aerobatic activity do we see out west? NONE that I know of !! This for sure does not substantiate it's own Region.

Frankly, I don't think Canada has enough ( paying) IMAC memebers ( yet) to justify the creation of these Regions in Canada especially in the west). I hope that someday we will.

The Regional setup works the way it is right now. I don't see the benifit in changing it.

We can still have our own "Chapter" awards to help encourage more turnout and to give us Canadians our own special wawards. That was discussed with most of the Ontario flyers through the end of last flying season and into the early fall. I would consider that a "done deal"

Let's keep growing for a couple of more years and review the situation then.

Bottom line "If it works, don't fix it"
Old 01-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #5
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
IMAC Poll

I'll reserve judgement until I come back from the Guelph clinic. I want to vote yes to our own regions for now, as I believe we have a growing support for doing it and a need to compare ourselves to other Canadian pilots. We will never have the population base the States has, but I know their numbers at most of their contests only number in the 20-30 range as well except for the major meets.
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:41 AM   #6
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hudson
In review, the proposal is to pull Ontario out of the IMAC North Central Region, and pull Quebec and the Maritimes out of the IMAC North East Region, and to pull those Provinces west of Ontario out of the IMAC North West Region, while at the same time IMAC would create three NEW IMAC Regions in Canada ( respectively)

My vote is NO, I'm NOT in favour of having our own IMAC Regions ( just yet)

I feel the system is working just fine the way it is.

1. We have good support from the IMAC BOD if and when we need it. If we pull out we "more or less"will be expected to fend for ourselves.

2. We don't have strong ( high) enough numbers of Scale Aerobatic ( IMAC ) flyers throught all of Canada to support the infrastructure .

Sure We had about 35 guys in Ontario last summer flying IMAC, but let's look at the breakdown:

Basic = 20 ( plus 1 from the USA)
Sportsman = 5 ( plus 4 from the USA)
Intermediate = 3 ( most did only 1 or 2 contests) ( Plus 2 from USA at 1 contest)
Advanced = 5 ( 2 guys did 1 contest each)
Unlimited = 2 ( 1 guy did 1 contest , 1 guy did 2 contests) ( plus 0 from the USA)

MANY were first time flyers at most of the contests, especially Edenvale, Hamilton and Stoney Creek. 2004 will see the loss of the Oakville contest, according to CD Tony Kreg. We don't know yet if Edenvale will have a contest there in 2004. I have heard musings that the executive isn't all that fussy about having "IMAC" back again. Something about "not enough activity or turnout to merit anither contest ( this is just talk, I could be totaly out to lunch on this)

This kind of structure does not a " Region" make

2. Quebec had about 50 different guys on the overall summer roster last year, but none the less still only averaged about 20 to 25 guys per contest. again, this indicates a lot of "first timers" or "transients"

3. What Scale Aerobatic activity do we see out west? NONE that I know of !! This for sure does not substantiate it's own Region.

Frankly, I don't think Canada has enough ( paying) IMAC memebers ( yet) to justify the creation of these Regions in Canada especially in the west). I hope that someday we will.

The Regional setup works the way it is right now. I don't see the benifit in changing it.

We can still have our own "Chapter" awards to help encourage more turnout and to give us Canadians our own special wawards. That was discussed with most of the Ontario flyers through the end of last flying season and into the early fall. I would consider that a "done deal"

Let's keep growing for a couple of more years and review the situation then.

Bottom line "If it works, don't fix it"
Bob,

In my original post, I asked EVERYONE to vote with a simple YES or NO with regards to this issue, and NOTHING more. I stated I did not want this thread to turn into a political issue, and my request has been ignored. There have been some very hot political issues recently here on RC Canada, and I did not want this thread to turn into another one.

Some of the statements you have made are completely incorrect, and some others are just simply your opinions. I will not respond to them here in this public forum.

If anyone would like me to respond privately, please send me an email and I will be happy to do so.

Thank you
Old 01-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #7
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
Mike I totaly disagree with you on your comments to Bob

Matter of fact I back 100% What Bob has just said PERIOD

I realy like to no why your trying so hard to PUSH this threw

Bob and I have 7 years of hard work with IMAC and we realy hate to see it go all down the tubes

There are people that will vote yes simply because they realy don't no all the facts that have gone on and realy don't no or understand the whole outcome

Going around just to put a YES because it means Canada on will go on its own is totaly WAY TO EARLY

Randy
Old 01-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #8
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Why can't we just honor Mike's call for a poll. It is simple enough isn't it. Its just a to get an indication of what people think. Not meant to be an open political discussion or to draw any real conclusions. Thats best kept via personal e-mail as Mike has requested and will honor. JMHO!

All of us have been contacted by our rep. for IMAC and asked for input. Why not voice our opinions there?

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:12 AM   #9
ronm
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
It's obvious there is some in-fighting going on here, and it's starting to make me lose interest in IMAC and scale aerobatics. I doubt I'm alone in feeling this way. I reserve my vote until I know what the real issues are.

Ronm

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:12 AM   #10
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
I for one don't care about anything other than having a good time flying and competeing with guys like you Ron.

Please dont let someone elses issues discourage you from going to meets...

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in