New Nitro Models - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro - Gas Helicopters Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for gas-nitro helicopters.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #21
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41
Re: New Nitro Models

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I agree the Synergy N7 is a really nice heli and I find the kit price to be good compared to some other brands out there but the replacement parts are way too expensive! The Front frame is listed at $45.00 the rear frame at $49.00 ... $94.00 just for one side of the heli ... so if you take out all 4 pieces in a crash your looking at $188.00 plus tax just for the frame! Then the 139 Tooth helical main gear is $49.00 ... that's just the main what about the rest of the gears! Nuts if you ask me! I'll stick with my Trex 700 ... parts are cheap and plentiful!

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	230411  
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14

So your still saying I should just buy one of those... if they sold it as a kit and not a combo then it would be an option. If you crash hard it's a rekit for me and the Align is not available to replace by itself. Otherwise we'd be comparing pics Mike. Love that new heli of yours.
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

Jimmy Kit price is the same as a bare bones N7 ... plus you can buy bare bones align kits ... I have in the past!

Old 01-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #24
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

I haven't seen a kit for about three years now by itself forsale???? I do have all the servo's and regulator for it already, now you have me wondering, I might have my trex 600 sold here and that would allow me to get another Align , I just keep looking at that N5CT\T with the awesome colors and it's larger size and wonder if I shouldn't grab it and stretch it to a 640 size bird. What do you think of that idea, kits are way cheaper then the new N7 and it's a really hot .55 size bird. Wonder if it could swing those blades and how it would perform?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:46 AM   #25
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

I'm not familiar with with the Synergy N5C at all Jimmy other then it's an awesome looking machine but I am familiar with Botos parts pricing ... 10 bux to a doughnut parts are expensive for it same as all his other kits. I find Matt prices his kit reasonably but his parts are way over priced! Just my thoughts Jimmy :\

Cheers
Mike
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #26
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Well there not as bad as Cadillac's they use regular chevy parts with a c in front of the part number and add $300 to the parts price. YIKES!!!!
Compass same thing, the nice thing is the company will still be around in a few years for it. Gotta pay for the tool and die etc. I love the T-Rex but they are everywhere you look. I am looking around my shop and have a Fusion to finish and a Gaui NX4 as well as test that new E5 out. On the repair board there is a T-Rex 500E that I was able to get parts from Helifarm after I was told that they were discontinued by Shawn, funny Dennis ordered them no problem. So seeing there is no AleeS nitro and a way outta my league N7 from Synergy and the new Gaui NX7 coming in February, which I am not interested in, it leaves me with very limited choices so i'll finish up these others, by then the days will be gettin longer and the temps will start rising and we'll start flying. Then I can just go out and fly, who knows maybe i'll just take the money, pack up and come see you guys down south for a few days and hit a couple funflys on the way back. I have a couple buddies in T-Bay I know to fly with, would just have to find a funfly 1/2 way from there to Sudbury.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #27
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

Awesome Jimmy let us know if and when you're coming up ... so we can leave town! ... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

Cheers
Mike
Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #28
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Hah now I know , call from your driveway.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #29
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

lol Jimmy
Old 01-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
Gizmodude
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard L
Radio of choice:
Spektrum NX10 / Vbar Neo / V-Touch
# of RCs: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy P View Post
The Synergy N7 is out now as well!! Very very nice heli but it's way outta my league for crashing. So far I don't see a nitro that would be in my budget to build this winter, except the Synergy N5C T\T which is only a 50 size. Was really hoping for a 90 size kit retailing in the 500-600 dollar price range.

James, do you think that there is a 90 size out there within that dollar range ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in