cf-drg
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 28
Twin Otter Model

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Wasn't there a company back east that kitted a Twin Otter... I thought they were called Horizon Models..? Do they still exist ???

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #2
RT Models

Total Props: 0
Daren,

Yep sure was they actually kitted several designs I in fact have a few of the 86'' Twin Otters. <sorry none are FS>

I heard they went under but of course the info up your way may prove to be better. Contact info I has was the following:

Horizon Models
RR #2 Three Fathom Harbour
Nova Scotta Canada BDJ 1ND

Twin Otter was designed and Developed by Lou Lengyel and was drawn by Tom Ford.

Not a bad design only a few points to ponder. Fuse is heavy guage plastic not FG pre-installed LG bulkheads, wing cores came pre-sheeted as did tail parts.

You may have some luck locating one up there I lucked out on these down here in Florida. But then again I'm just a de Havilland nut :P

HTH's
Mark
RT Models
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-663s.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2664  
RT Models is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
JohnH

By coincidence I just drove by Lou Lengyel's place a few hours ago on my way to somewhere else. Hadn't been that way for years although it is not far away. His # can be found through Canada 411. AFAIK the model business is out of existence. A local businessman and modeller was going to purchase the operation and had started production and marketing when the deal went bust. Best I know, the operation is wound up.
JohnH is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
cf-drg
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Airtronics

That's the one

Yup that's the one RT... Wish I would of known about them when they were in business.... Perfect size too, I think it's for twin .40 -.50?..
Oo well got the RCM plans that they published of one years ago I'm just curious what did the kit sell for???
Old 05-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #5
RT Models

I picked up 3 of them for 600.00 awhile back along with one of their F-15 kits.

Overall not a bad design as it was mostly pre-fabed but no winshield/windows was just ment to be painted on but with some work could be made to look good and yes twin .40's with a advertised weight of 12 lbs.

Just for future refrence: I am in fact working on a FG & foam kit for a 100'' twin .60 but am a year away from being released the prototype will fly late this summer. Once we see how well it does I will have them avail. But I know I'm at least 1 year away only so many hours in a day for a one man operation

Thanks,
RT Models is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
cf-drg
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Airtronics

In a year or so I might be iterested... in the kit... never have ventured into twins before so thought the Twotter might be a good one to start with..High wing, trike gear, and a big tail..Ooo and also can be put on floats, of course....Need to post some pics of yous RT, I'd love to see it...
Old 05-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #7
Vulcan1
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Hi Guys,
I have had a set of plans for a T-Otter for a long time. They are labelled Model Builder Plan No.7761-A and a little rag eared but still readable. It calls for 2/30's but I was going to put my 2/40 H's in it when I have time to build. It is 85 1/4" ws x 66" long. The only part I didn't like on it was there was a lot of balsa block & 1/2" sheet. When I get a chance I was going to use foam for the top and bottom of the fuze and cut a wing. Then glass everything later.
Thought I would let you guys know.
John
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in