My New Huan Qi 822 review - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
lamadude
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Byron M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C, Hitec Aggressor Pro 2.4Ghz, FlySky FS-T6
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 0
My New Huan Qi 822 review

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just received my HQ822 Big Lama on Friday and I have been having a blast with this thing! Big, powerful, extremely responsive and smooth handling. I have been whipping this around in a large bedroom like its a little 6 inch toy and its being very well behaved. As far as fun for the bucks, this is the best helicopter under $100.00 bucks I have ever owned. I like it so much, I'm thinking of buying another one. The cost was $80.00+ tax, shipping included, so I'm very happy.

14 inches long, 17 inches overall, 3 Channel, 27mhz radio transmitter with gyro. realistic variable rate blinking running lights, a very bright white led coming out of the fake turbine and lighting up the colored turbine housing and a VERY big, bright LED coming out of the cabin that's bright enough to fly in a completely dark room. Just don't make the mistake of pointing the chopper in your own face or crashes are inevitable as the thing will temporarily blind you in a dark room(night blindness).

As my name says, I love Lama's and this is one of the best flying Lama's I have ever seen. I have 7 different Lama style heli's and at the moment I prefer this over everything else. I had this outside at night flying about 60 feet high over the houses on our street in a light breeze and had no trouble controlling it. FYI, during that flight, I had to drop the HQ822 almost 15 feet onto the driveway because a big breeze came up and was going to toss the helicopter onto the roof of the neighbors house. To get it to not fly away, I had to chop the power and drop the helicopter onto the pavement. 15 feet straight down and not a scratch or broken strut anywhere. That's tough.

Compared to a Syma S003 Lama, this is soooo responsive and is light years better than the S003 or other 3 channel Lama's I have flown, owned or seen. This is actually more easy to fly, and especially to fly fast and to be throwing it around in the air with ease than many 4 channel helicopters. This is a great second step up from a 6 inch, 3 channel heli. Flying something this big indoors really gives you confidence.

The HQ822 is made of advanced nylon polymer plastic with very large, thick landing struts that are very flexible and appear to be very tough compared to the brittle plastic found on many of these things. the tail boom is also nylon polymer and very flexible as well. The canopy is a soft, flexible plastic which helps protect the front end in the event of the inevitable.

Now the weird part, this is the second helicopter I have bought from a site in Canada that doesn't sell helicopters normally. I found this on a site called www.hornbonepicks.com, a site normally for buying guitar picks, which I found by accident a few weeks ago while looking for guitar stuff. It seems they sell lots of things other than guitar picks, but they also have 2 helicopters on there. I also bought my Colco Lama 6 from them a few weeks ago and had no problems with the service. Hope you like the pictures and I highly recommend this incredibly fun helicopter.

I almost forgot. I changed the stock white blades to a set of extra Colco Lama blades I had in the house and what a huge difference in the handling of this helicopter. If you buy one of these, I highly recommend changing the blades to something a little better. The improvement in the already awesome handling is very impressive.
Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ822.JPEG
Views:	77
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	114261   Click image for larger version

Name:	HQ822-1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	114262  
lamadude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: My New Huan Qi 822 review

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with that little heli!

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
hq822 lama , lama helicopter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in