Sig Somethin Extra Build - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #21
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, i got the fuse mostly built last night, everything except for the hatch cover and the canopy are in place. I also have to pick up some more sheeting before i can sheet the turtle deck. Gettin closer!!! I will post some more pics on sunday!!

Geoff

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #22
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12

Got the hatch cover shaped and all the hinges for the control surfaces done as well. Still have to get to the LHS to get more balsa for sheeting the turtle deck. I also started shaping the horizontal stab support blocks... i think i'm gonna have to get a little razor plane!!

Pics to come tonight.

Geoff
Old 04-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12

well the .55 showed up today. Man i like getting new engines!!!!! I'll get back at it again tonight. Was able to get out last night and fly my Ultimate again, i really like the way the plane handles but i need to get the engine dialed in better it is not transitioning very well right now. And guys always remember to check your throws before you fly. My daughter who is 4 came with me last night and she carried the transmitter for me when i was unloading. Well she turned it on and had my elevator and rudder trims maxxed out one way. I caught it before i took off thank god..... that could've been interesting

I also have found out a new way to fly more often. As long as i take Karlee along the wife doesn't have a problem with me wanting to fly so often!!! I just put her in the back of the truck with the end gate up before i take off and stand right beside her and she tells me which way to turn and such. She thinks it's hilarious when she yells "loop daddy loop" and i pull a loop for her.

Geoff

Old 04-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #24
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Good show Geoff. You just might have her ready for our flyday on the 19th of April (weather permitting). Travis has a .55AX in his SSE also. He hasn't flown it yet either. I only have a .46 AX in my SSE right now. I have my .55 AX in my Funtana.

If you have to take the little one with you to get more flying in then that's what you do. Travis' little girl came with us quite often last year (was no trouble at all) and actually it is nice to see them out watching what Dad loves to do

Post some pics of your SSE. Hopefully it isn't as eye popping as mine

TTYL
Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf

Last edited by chuebner; 11-25-2012 at 11:40 AM.
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #25
Sonic Boomer

Total Props: 0
colors

Curt, that's just demented You boys wouldn't care far a little additional company on the 19th would you? If so, pm me the location and/or directions and I'll see if I can make it. Got spads? A little impromtu combat in addition to the normal crazziness? Lemme know

Boomer
Sonic Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #26
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Hey Robin.... You are more than welcome. Weather permitting, we are trying to get out to the Imperial airstrip where I fly a lot(BY MYSELF ). We tried to get togeather last year but couldn't get our work schedules in sync but it looks like we do this year. Just the 3 of us so far---Travis, Geoff and I. So if you want to take a leisurely drive out to Imperial(25 miles south of Watrous on #2 Highway) on Saturday April 19th by all means do so. Be there or be square.

Travis has a couple planes that he wants to maiden down there so your expert advice and tutalage would be appreciated

Sorry I don't have a Spad to beat up but maybe I'll throw my Baby Cap up and we can chase each other around.

TTYL

Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #27
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12

Ya Boomer, that'd be great if you could come out as well. Bring a car/truck load!!!!! Currently i don't have a spad either but after watching gmanz last year i'm sold on one for sure. Curt that is without a doubt the wildest covering scheme i have ever seen. My Seawind showed up on Saturday and i am going into saskatoon to get the power setup for it as well as the sheeting for the turtle deck on the SSE. My Beaver is back to ARF form and i got the servos mounted up last night in the wings and the fuse. I have some questions about mounting the floats that i will start another thread for.

geoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in