saito .72 4 stroke rpm question - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 05-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #31
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Darcy Creighton
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Re: saito .72 4 stroke rpm question

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i have flowen fomeys that have been bigger this this plane also i did this video for so people can tell me if things sound right and ya there stuff around but if you cant fly around thing then you shouldent fly and makes the flight more fun then just going round and round as for rudder i use it alot in take off and in the air like i was saying i just did video to show people ... club wise i wish we had club here to join closes club is 45 to hour away wish we had a flying field.
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #32
MikeCam
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=205064
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #33
mikecoul
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike C
Radio of choice:
Hot Rock
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 7

You and Darcy should get together.
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=205064

MAAC 44905
mikecoul is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #34
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Darcy Creighton
Radio of choice:
spektrum dx9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

why should i get together this this guy ?
flycrazy = Darcy Creighton is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #35
MikeCam
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrazy View Post
why should i get together this this guy ?
It's more fun to fly with other people. I would look at any funfly's in your area as well. Might have to travel a bit but you can pitch a tent or bring a RV. Camp for the weekend beside the runway and fly all day.

I taught myself how to fly and flew lots the first year by myself. The second year I joined a club and really enjoyed flying with other people. Lots can be learned as well.

Every Augast I go to a funfly called Gimli Model Fest. I go for 10 days and have seen 100 pilots signed up to fly. Great time had by all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jleSkbuWztA
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #36
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecoul View Post
First off RESTRAIN YOUR PLANE WHEN STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need a safer flying site and an instructor, keep you thumbs on the sticks, learn to use the rudder, try managing the throttle a little, the whole flight was full power thumb off the throttle, full throttle touch and gos are a sure way to destroy a perfectly good airplane, never mind the obstacles on your "Field".
As for the run it sounded good, you can adjust the throttle stop to help with the shut down sequence, manage your idle with the end point on the transmitter.
But seriously please find and join a club, that plane is way large for a public sports complex.
Mike, I had some of the same thoughts when I watched his video. To William's credit I didn't see the "public" there when he was flying. There are houses close by though if something were to go wrong... And you are right about too many obstacles there for a plane of that speed. Size is not so important.

That looks like a good spot for park flyers or big slow old timers William.

I would like to add that the whole flight was done WAY too low, ABSOLUTELY no room for mistakes! I trust that he was only that low to stay in camera range and normally flies MUCH higher.

Mike didn't you recognize the radio? It's one of those new ones with the 2 position throttle. "On" and "Land"! We had 2 fellows in our club once with that kind of radio too, one has since quit the hobby and the other still flies but buys his glue in bulk lots!

Just kidding of course as I expect he does know it will fly at part throttle... at least... I hope he does! That is where you could benefit from flying with others William. A chance to see other's flying styles.

On the "keep your hands on the sticks at all times" I am going to respectfully disagree. A properly trimmed plane should fly hands off and I take my thumbs off momentarily several times per flight to see that it is still in trim especially on the downwind leg before landing.

I also insist that my student pilots take their hands off the sticks on a very regular basis. This does 2 things: 1) it allows them to regain a reference to the center of the sticks from time to time. And 2) it keeps them from getting a stick bending death grip on the controls - as in - helps them to relax.

Some competition glider pilots thermal with just the trims! I personally touch the sticks very little on a glider flight as I want to see what the "air" is doing without any interference from me.

This is meant to be a help to you William as we do wish you the best in your hobby!

Merv

P.S. I hope that .72 for sale add doesn't mean that our worst fears have been realized!

Last edited by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK; 06-07-2014 at 09:27 PM.
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #37
mikecoul
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike C
Radio of choice:
Hot Rock
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 7

On the "keep your hands on the sticks at all times" I am going to respectfully disagree. A properly trimmed plane should fly hands off and I take my thumbs off momentarily several times per flight to see that it is still in trim especially on the downwind leg before landing.

I also insist that my student pilots take their hands off the sticks on a very regular basis. This does 2 things: 1) it allows them to regain a reference to the center of the sticks from time to time. And 2) it keeps them from getting a stick bending death grip on the controls - as in - helps them to relax.

Some competition glider pilots thermal with just the trims! I personally touch the sticks very little on a glider flight as I want to see what the "air" is doing without any interference from me.

Of course you are right Merv, mind you, you would not go hands off at 10ft above ground and full throttle.

This is meant to be a help to you William as we do wish you the best in your hobby!

Yes William, none of our comments are meant to dissuade you from enjoying the hobby, I am certainly no diplomat and some times my comments can be misinterpreted.
Please understand that if I sound like I'm criticizing it is with all the best intentions and I'm hoping that you will take away some constructive advice.

P.S. I hope that .72 for sale add doesn't mean that our worst fears have been realized! [/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

MAAC 44905
mikecoul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #38
MJD
RCC Contributor

I am: Mike D

Total Props: 14

A bit late to the party..

I'm lucky to get much better than 9000 rpm with a 13-6 as I recall, then again as my first and only 4 stroke I've thrashed my .72 pretty hard. Sweet handling engine. If it ever hit 9800 rpm I'd know I just bolted a small prop to it. On my Pizazz I found both 13-6 and 13-7 worked well.

Last edited by MJD; 06-16-2014 at 10:01 AM.
MJD is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in