Kyosho nexus 30 restoration - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro - Gas Helicopters Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for gas-nitro helicopters.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #11
Crash alot
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: James S
Radio of choice:
Futaba Super 7/ 9 CAPs/FrSky X9E
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
Re: Kyosho nexus 30 restoration

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Barry I have 2 Nexus heli's and just changed out my 2 gyro's for a pair of 401 and 9253 servo's that I purchased from RCC. I cannot say enough about the Futaba gyro's after flying for 20 years on mechanical units. They are nice.
One of my heli's has a Bell 222 canopy from Century Products and the other has the original. I was looking for another canopy but have the same issue with finding 1 to fit and I think Century is out of business.
Crash alot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #12
Keyrigger
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Total Props: 6

Century is the manufacturer of the chassis used in a lot of older builds and has some recent full house kits that were available from Century USA. The bodies are from Fun-Key and they can be ordered from Phil Noel at orders@leisuretech.ca . Give him a shout if you're looking for any Fun-Key bodies from 550 size up to 700+. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #13
tporter416
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 5

Barry, I used to have a Nexus 30, I did upgrade it to the 401 gyro and it worked great on that heli. One thing, my Nexus 30 met its end due to the wood blades. I didn't fly it for a while and the wood dried out. After 10-15 flights the wood cracked and down it came... I would recommend getting new main blades if yours are old...

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.