RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #1331
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Real

I just tried an Eflite 180 with a 7/35 prop and even though the weight was down to 72 grams, it didn't hover, I didn't have a 5/3 prop, maybe that would work. I used an HK 2402 last weekend, it worked extremely well but I thought I could bring the weight down, I'm waiting for an ultra micro receiver and servos plus 180mAh batteries.
I just talked to Ray and he says that he'll have the changes done this weekend.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #1332
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0

Hey Gas..... Me too, want one to test.... I have an outrunner classed 1811-20 and suggested prop is 5-4.3 with an amp draw of 3.8A, on a 2c lipo. Thrust is rated at 4.8oz..
On a 6/3 prop, amps goes up to 31 and thrust goes up to 5.5 oz.. Might be the ticket for the 20"er...?????? And all this on a 6amp ESC!!!!!!! Talk about light....
A buddy of mine just made me an offer I couldn't refuse.......... and my sBach kit is now in his possession... Ding nab it... But, didn't mind parting with it cause you have a new 20"er now to satisfy my wants......
For goodness sakes, get busy and stop working so hard on other things, your priorities are airplane now, ha ha ha....
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #1333
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
for goodness sakes, get busy and stop working so hard on other things, your priorities are airplane now, ha ha ha....
lol :d:d:d

Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #1334
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Hey Gas..... Me too, want one to test.... I have an outrunner classed 1811-20 and suggested prop is 5-4.3 with an amp draw of 3.8A, on a 2c lipo. Thrust is rated at 4.8oz..
On a 6/3 prop, amps goes up to 31 and thrust goes up to 5.5 oz.. Might be the ticket for the 20"er...?????? And all this on a 6amp ESC!!!!!!! Talk about light....
A buddy of mine just made me an offer I couldn't refuse.......... and my sBach kit is now in his possession... Ding nab it... But, didn't mind parting with it cause you have a new 20"er now to satisfy my wants......
For goodness sakes, get busy and stop working so hard on other things, your priorities are airplane now, ha ha ha....
Hi Art and Real

I'm not sure yet which motor will work best but the Turnigy 2402 I used on the Blue FF 20 in. Sbach today works awesome, it does everything, hover rolling circles, knife edges, harriers etc... The AUW was 3 oz. I shouldn't weigh much more than 2.5 oz with smaller servos and battery, I love the way it flew, it was an absolute blast. It does weigh 8 grams more than the Foam Board Sbach but it's much more durable. I wouldn't suggest the Foam Board model unless you're a pro and even at that it's scary. I used 250mAh 2s batteries but you could use 180 mAh 2s Nanotech when they become available, they're lighter.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #1335
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Ray made the changes on the file for the 20 in. Sbach, handles like a dream, the one you see in the picture was flown all afternoon, hit the floor a few times, not a scratch, I love blue foam. Between Ray and myself, (mostly Ray)we managed to total a 20 in. Foam Board model in no time this afternoon, it's fragile to say the least.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20 in Sbach FB-010 008.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	130765  
Old 12-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #1336
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Hey Gaston, I flew my first Sback Saturday, and have to admit it is by far the easiest one to fly. It was hands off after just a bit of trim. Mind you, the walls approach too fast to leave it hands off for too long, but this one is a total pleasure to fly.

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #1337
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
Hey Gaston, I flew my first Sback Saturday, and have to admit it is by far the easiest one to fly. It was hands off after just a bit of trim. Mind you, the walls approach too fast to leave it hands off for too long, but this one is a total pleasure to fly.
Hi Ron

Thanks for the update, it's been a while, I'm glad you like it, there's a smaller one available small gyms or fast approaching walls
Old 12-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #1338
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Dwight finally put his Electrifly Extra 330 together and did very well flying it in the gym today, good job Dwight
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20 in Sbach FB-010 007.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	130768  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #1339
Lash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Lashl
Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Ray made the changes on the file for the 20 in. Sbach, handles like a dream, the one you see in the picture was flown all afternoon, hit the floor a few times, not a scratch, I love blue foam. Between Ray and myself, (mostly Ray)we managed to total a 20 in. Foam Board model in no time this afternoon, it's fragile to say the least.
Gaston, when can we buy? I need at least 2!!
MAAC #7169
ProBro #2348
Lash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #1340
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Gaston, when can we buy? I need at least 2!!
Hello Lash'
I was just at www.foamstarmodels.com and the 20" Sbach 342 kits are listed. FF for the Blue Foam one and FB for the white Foam Board one. Great deal for a fun flyer. He is still looking for a lighter motor that will do the job and lighter servos but they fly great on the current Sbach motor with a 7x3 GWS DD prop.
hsh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in