RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 03-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #341
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony67 View Post
A couple of us were flying electrics on Saturday at our club (Club Mars) in Quebec when Gaston came by.We chated for a little while and you know right away that Gaston lives and breaths this hobby which is always nice to see.I notesed he had three of his blue fomies with him and asked if he would like to do a couple of flights.I was very impressed with the performance considering it was quite windy.I managed to convince Gaston to sell me one. Later that day the winds calmed down and took it to the park down the road from my house and took it up for a couple of flights and had a blast.
It was great to meet you Gaston just a nice- nice fellow
Tony
Hi Tony

Thanks for the nice words, I was very pleased to meet you and your two friends, you made me feel very welcome immediately. I feel priveleged to have met all three of you and hopefully, I`ll have a chance to fly with you again.
I`m still in Quebec today, I met JP and his lovely wife Chantal, in Mirabel this morning and delivered his foamie but it was too windy to fly it outside so I hovered a bit in his basement, didn`t even break anything, not that I could see anyways. He seems to like the foamie and I also left him a couple of precut ones.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #342
Flyinbullmax
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean Pierre
Radio of choice:
JR 7202
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 3

Hello all,
Today i met the most enthusiast person ever, Gaston you are an Ambassador to our hobby, and you transmit that passion of yours to others. I'll fly that foamy whenever i can, Thanks again for your envolvement.
JP
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #343
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmax445 View Post
Hello all,
Today i met the most enthusiast person ever, Gaston you are an Ambassador to our hobby, and you transmit that passion of yours to others. I'll fly that foamy whenever i can, Thanks again for your envolvement.
JP
Hi JP

I wish the weather would have allowed us to spend some time flying together but it was quite windy, the time I spent with you and Chantal made up for it, I also sensed quite a bit of ethusiasm on your part and it was refreshing to meet someone like me, who loves to share his passion with others.
I'll post the pictures when I get back home this weekend.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #344
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I had the privelege to meet Tony and a couple of his friends at the Mars Club in Lachenaie, 5 minutes from my uncle, which I was visiting. After introducing myself, I presented my MAAC card and made a few flights with my foamie, it didn't take too long for Tony to ask me if he could buy them. I had three, two for myself, including a spare one and one for JP in Mirabel. Having promised JP I would bring him one, there was no way I was going to sell it. I decided to sell Tony my spare one, he seemed very pleased with my decision and he's such a nice person, how could I say no.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00279a.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	49357   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00280a.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	49358  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #345
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

After leaving my uncle's place Sunday morning I drove to Mirabel to meet JP and bring him the foamie I had promised. The weather was lousy, wind and rain prevented us from flying, outside anyways but I managed to do a bit of hovering in his basement. I have to admire JP for having worked so hard to build one from the foam boards at Staples, the material has no strength without the covering and is too heavy if you leave it on. JP is a super guy and I'm pleased to have met him and his wife Chantal, the short drive to Mirabel was well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00286a.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	49359  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #346
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

While I was teaching refrigeration in Ottawa this week at the Sensplex, I had a chance to fly my foamie over one of the ice surfaces, I had to torture my students during lunch hour but the seemed to enjoy it, maybe they were just trying to get good marks...just joking, the course is on the refrigeration and the operation of ice rinks, I wanted to show them that ice is very hard when the foamie hits it, nooo... I didn't crash. I also flew in the inside soccer area but I prefer the ice surface.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00302a.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	49360  
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #347
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

While I was in Ottawa, I also had a chance to meet a few guys at the ORCC club, Dave Reeves flew my foamie and did some awesome maneouvers even though it was a bit windy, Scott and Joe were there also, they are very good pilots and they all made me feel welcome at their field, there was also another gentleman who seemed to be in the military and I'm sorry if I can't remember his name, he was also very nice.

Thanks to all of you.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #348
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Total Props: 0

Still out there spreading the word eh Gas? lol

He travels the country, with blue foam in tow, meeting new people and making them smile its, THE GOD FATHER OF BLUE FOAM!! lol

Andrew
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #349
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
Still out there spreading the word eh Gas? lol

He travels the country, with blue foam in tow, meeting new people and making them smile its, THE GOD FATHER OF BLUE FOAM!! lol

Andrew
You better watch it, I'm bringing my foamie to Guelph at the end of this month, almost in your backyard, we'll have to go flying together and you can teach me new tricks. Do you think I should bring my Turboprop H9 Yak so you can try it, would that be cool
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00308a.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	49368   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00309a.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	49369  
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #350
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0

I have always maintained that the Energizer Bunny is second to Gaston!!! Heaven knows where all that energy comes from!!! Very nice PR Gaston!! Stand tall, you deserve it!!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in