desert aircraft da100l punch stall prob - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Old 06-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
nickblaster
RCC Apprentice

I am: nick
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
desert aircraft da100l punch stall prob

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi guys i really dont know where to look now i had a dead stick 2 week ago and then i did couple fly but the punch from idle to full throtle only giving me engine to quit then i double chek my tuning and start over i did almos 2 turn more in both way lean and rich and then stall on punch was still there so i was like my engine is 4 year old maybe the carb is due for a rebuild so i instal a new walbro rebuild kit for it i cleen every hole in the carb then i put it back on the engine so today i was 90 % sure that this was my prob because it was all dirty inside so i put 1.5 on L and 1.5 on H neddle and star again for the tuning process and the prob still there if i do the first puch slowly then i can punch like crazy from idle to full but i i stop 5 sec and do it again boom stall i really dont know where to look now i just start my vacation and i am pretty sad that i will not be able to go fly safly

new part in the engine
cm-6 spark plug
walbro k10-wj
new filter in gaz tank

thx for anyone that will be able to help me
nickblaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 24
Re: desert aircraft da100l punch stall prob

With the engine not running/ choke open/ ignition off . try to rock the prop back and forth bouncing it off compression( do not flip through compression ) ,this will operate the fuel pump in the carb and put pressure on the needle and seat without demanding any fuel from the main jet (so no fuel should leak from carb). If when rocking the prop back and forth fuel begins to drip from the carb the needle and seat is leaking . from what you are explaining it sounds like the needle and seat are leaking, this will cause the engine to load up on fuel when sitting regardless of how the needles are set. Of course there are other problems that can cause this but my test is easy and does not require taking anything apart to do . I find leaking needle and seats quite common so I would look there first .

hope this helps, Cheers Roger
Old 06-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
nickblaster
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spektrum

ok i will do that tomorow if the carb dont work nicer its now in carb cleener for the night

Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 AM   #4
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12x

Did you replace the needle and seat when you did the carb kit.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
nickblaster
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spektrum

no they dont give it with it
Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #6
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12x

yeah that's the basic kit . In most cases the needle it's self is ok just clean the tip. The area where the needle seats also gets a bit of build up on it . what you can do is sharpen the end of a small piece of wood (small dowel)put it in the seat and spin it to polish the seat area . the wood will not hurt the seat material but will remove deposits stuck to it (make sure you use hard wood so it does not break off in the hole)a short blunt point is better then a long pointed one so you polish the same area as the needle seats. I use bamboo sticks . remember it's just the tiny hole in the bottom of the seat that needs to be polished . if the taper on the end of the needle has a groove in it you will have to replace it .
Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
nickblaster
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spektrum

hey ramjet i did that but the seat was already super cleen and to test it i have the neddle in pklace i i puted some carb cleener fluid on the top and let it sit for 1 min and there was no leak then i pull on the needle ans it empty in a sec so seat should be good i am now re re puting back every thing toger to re test the engine
Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #8
nickblaster
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
spektrum

hey guy after the rebuild of my carburator i only find that the idle was more smooth but with the same stall probleme but this time i was able to chek the gaz line that go to the carb and in punch and WOT i saw lot of buble goint into the motor so i unplug the line and plug my gaz pump on it and when i start draining the tank wit this carb line i almos only drain air so i remouve all the gaz system and saw that the filter had a crak on it so i change it and now the probleme is gone ! thx for all the helps guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.