To many choices! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
jc
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
To many choices!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm getting back into the hobby and am having a hard time picking an engine to run in my buggy next year. Just want to hear what everyone out there is running, with what pipes, plugs and if your happy with your choices.
jc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

What buggy are you running next year John? Os is always reliable engines (V-Spec) and the Rb concepts are awesome as well.

Jay
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
jc
RCC Junior Contributor

just picked up a Losi this morning. Got a good deal on a brand new kit, but there will most likely be a MP9 in my future. The vspec is currently my first choice.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
imported_Steve
RCC Apprentice

In the last 5 seasons I have had 7 V-spec and they were awesome but hard to handle now I have a OS SPEED and I'll never go back
imported_Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
jc
RCC Junior Contributor

what pipe did you run with the vspec
Old 10-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Get the 2060 and be done with it.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
imported_Steve
RCC Apprentice

I have a OS 2050 & OS 2060 & a Werks 2013 and I'll tell you The werks pipe is weak but no doubt makes the most power and run time on the SPEED. I've tested all three back to back.
imported_Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
jc
RCC Junior Contributor

I decided to try two engines this year, the 08 Vspec and the JX Ninja, i'll be running both with the OS 2060 to start off with. Thanks for the input.
DX3R
Glad to be back!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
skidoos
RCC Contributor

I am: joe zuccaro

i pretty well tried most motors , from nova to rossi to os u name it , mostly all the high end ones, then last year i gave a rb concepts a try, and worked well, hardly no retune and still lots of life left, i have a c6, s5 l2g and had w73, my fav is the s5 not to powerfull but enough to run, the s5 worked well for me at hardcore then the nova worked better for me in winsdor, bc it was a short track and the s5 didnt have the punch the nova did, just my opinion, give rb a try u wont regret it, ask derek, i sold him an rb motor and now he dont think he will change accordin to his dad tony
skidoos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
hyper7boy
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike R.

The '08 V-Spec is a great choice. I ran one last year and just picked up 2 of them recently for the 2009 season. I love those v-specs! They are a great motor, and with the new speed and world's v-specs out now, the price of the standard v-spec looks much better. I love the new 21J carb. they added. Makes it much easier to adjust the idle. Also, I love the reliability that all O.S. Engines provide. I run the '08 O.S. V-Spec in both my Losi 8ight and Losi 8ight-T! In both I run a JP-3 pipe with O.S. P-7 Turbo Plugs! A great combination!! Good luck with the Ninja and the O.S. 2060 pipe. Hope you like the V-Spec as much as I do!
hyper7boy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in