Cutting/Narrowing Wheels - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #11
POWLING
Resident complainer

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
arnt the wabash wheels 40 series anyways? you will need 40 series CF's...i dont even know if they make them
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
xfactor78

yeah they do, but 40 series dont work at my track and I can't return these, so I'm cutting them down so I cant use crimefighter mtr's
xfactor78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #13
POWLING
Resident complainer

then wouldnt you have to cut the tires sidewall to make them be able to fit? just wondering
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #14
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

like I said, the 40 series rims are bigger diamter as well as wider, so the MTR tires arn't going to fit properly, you can probally stretch them on, but you are better off getting new rims, before you cut the 40 series up, post them for sale, IMO your better off talking a loss on them, and buying the proper rims, then screwing around with somethingt thats not proper, and isn't going to work the same in the end anyway,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #15
xfactor78

Well I'm going for a Repsol theme on my truck so I was browsing on rc campout and they have 4 kyosho wheels for under 20 bucks . I might get my lhs to order them if they're available here. I might keep my 40 series just in case.:GRIN:
Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #16
cen racer

Hey mate stick them on ebay and cut your losses and buy the ones you need. Or tell me how much you want and I will buy them if they have 23mm hexes.
cen racer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 AM   #17
xfactor78

I'm probably going to save them for later in cause next race season we get a track where 40 series will work. But as for now I'm going to have a Honda Repsol themed maxx and basically orange out and what ever I can. It's gunna be sick. I ordered the Kyosho STR 10 Spoke Orange rims already so yeah.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in