New Gas boats out for mid may - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Boat Discussion Discuss RC Boats, submarines & hovercrafts in electric or nitro.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #21
NTM
RCC Contributor

I am: Nathan M.

Total Props: 0
Re: New Gas boats out for mid may

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision1 View Post
Luc that would be great if you give a heads up when your club is ready!Nathan what do think it would cost to convert to electric?Luc do you guys race 1/10 scale hydro?Does your club race a stock class(no mods)?
Nathan maybe if you get bored with your Drifter..$..let me know?

Daniel
I'd use the following to convert it:
-neu 2230 $700, or a lehner 3080 $1000
-schulze 40/160 esc $700
-two 10s 5000mah packs, paralelled for a 10s 10,000mah power supply, $500 per pack

Daniel the drifter wouldn't be cheap, it's basically the above list times two, as it is a twin.
I got a good deal trading a heli, and parts, worth around $3000 for the drifter hull/hardware, motors and esc's.

Regards,
Nathan
NTM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
Precision1
RCC Noob

Fair enough.Nathan where is the best place to buy lipo's?
Precision1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #23
LoCo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Luc White
Radio of choice:
SkyFly 2.4 DSM / Futaba
# of RCs: 3

Daniel lots of the boats are stock 1/12 hydros we have some with deep V,s and Cats just to let you know.

LoCo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #24
NTM
RCC Contributor

I go through www.rcflightstore.com for most of my batteries.
I've got freinds currently using the neu 25c 5000mah cells with great results right now. http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...osCsid=d5e22ae
Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #25
Precision1
RCC Noob

Luc maybe I will buy 1/12 scale electric hydro once you guys are ready to race.keep me updated..thanks.
Nathan which flite power pack will fit the twin wing,and is 10s really nesscary?
What do you think if swap the motor out for less power say 70 to 80 kmh?
Precision1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #26
NTM
RCC Contributor

Daniel, you can merely run fewer cells and prop down, no need to swap the motor out.
As for batteries, you can always run nimh cells to keep costs down.
I had planned to use (for the twin wing) a pair of 10s 3700mah packs, wired in paralell for a 10s 7400mah supply.
You could definitally get away with less, that's just what I had on hand.

Regards,
Nathan
Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #27
LoCo
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
SkyFly 2.4 DSM / Futaba

New Info....

The stock KOS cat is on par with the rest of the field in out of the box speed etc, we have tested them. It comes down to your individual taste. If your in the market for a high power high speed performance hull past 50-60mph then look into another product or mod our stock product. These are scale hulls so that implies a speed limit where you can over power the hull and have a bad day. Our boats are tested to 50mph and we are confident you will enjoy them. We have an upgrade engine as well rated at 4HP and we call it the KWA26cc marine engine. A boat this big going past 50mph is a sight to see and for the driver you have to be very confident and on top of it. Thats not to say you couldnt go way faster than 50mph with modded engines in these hulls but keep in mind its a cat with a single drive so no advantage of stability from two drives at high speeds or jumping.
We know guys in Europe and all over are going way faster with boats about this size but most use two engines or two high power electric setups which cost a small fortune. For scale effect and fun these boats are great and should look awesome with a small group running together.

We use a Garmin GPS device to get some idea of the actual speed. No radar guns or pacing a full size boat. We also get a couple of reads on a top speed because we have found that just picking up the GPS unit quickly will affect the results. Just FYI

The boats are making their way state side now and will be distributed as soon as they arrive. Look for deliveries in early June.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #28
LoCo
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
SkyFly 2.4 DSM / Futaba

ITS ABOUT TIME WE HAVE PICS

sorry about the pics didnt turn out that great just follow link
and scroll down all better there.

http://www.venom-group.com/storeitem...ea=Gas%20Boats

Last edited by LoCo; 05-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #29
LoCo
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
SkyFly 2.4 DSM / Futaba

Talking Re: New Gas boats out for mid may

YEAHHHHHHH finaly after buging the crap out of Venom-group
I got some good news here an e-mail i got from them.

VENOMOUS just sent you a private message at 6/16/2008 9:17:59 AM: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your new boat! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi its Chris from Venom. We happen to have an early production sample of the Segad in stock and we thought you might like it since you have been waiting patiently. Please contact me directly if your interested. We have inventory arriving pretty soon but we got 5 cats in for promos and we have an extra Segad. We will have to make a special arrangement for you. chris.nicastro@venom-racing.com Thanks! Chris

VENOMOUS just sent you a private message at 6/16/2008 3:35:42 PM: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RE: you made my day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hahaha...yeah the excitement never leaves us does it...Ok well Do me a favor and send me an email so I can get you in touch directly with either Paul or David K. here. We have to handle this in a special way due to extra costs we have encountered so I'll let David K. explain it to you. We want to get it to you directly from here basically. chris.nicastro@venom-group.com And I'll do the rest to get you in contact...ok? Best regards, Chris ----------- End of Private Message (PM) -------------

so for you guys that have been waiting to see this Boat it wont be long now
will post more in the near future.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #30
LoCo
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
SkyFly 2.4 DSM / Futaba

Well guys the time as come I have the first SEGAD in Canada they dont even have them out on the market yet but with lots of bugging and bugging the crap out of them and paid a little bit more I have it at home and holy what a boat will be running it on Jul 1st at the show anyways heres a few pics for now

more pics to come.

Last edited by LoCo; 07-10-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in