General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
rcpilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Maqsood

Total Props: 0
Re: LMAC Swap Meet

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'll be there, have a table reserved, will sell electric items, motors/ESC, radio, servos, saito180, BobCat Style prop jet, misc other stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXS...hYlGsXmhcYNn9g
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Tribe
RCC Apprentice

I am: doug t

Smile Re: LMAC Swap Meet

I'll be there, hope there gonna be lots of Trex 600 stuff
Tribe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Nuker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Well three of us drove out from Durham and, as always, we weren't disappointed. The show was a bit smaller this year, probably due to Thanksgiving, but there were deals to be had. Once we were done, we left with about 10 planes/kits and all kinds of accessories.

Got to see some old friends and made a few new acquaitences. Once again, one of the premier shows in the Toronto area.

Thanks to the organizers for a great event.

Bob
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #14
WillyT
RCC Apprentice

It was a good time again this year, well done to those who worked behind the scenes. It seemed there were less venders, their loss. But there was still good deals to be had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	All the stuff.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	39008   Click image for larger version

Name:	more stuff.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	39009  
WillyT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #15
Wayne V
RCC Contributor

Yes, it was good, i agree there seemed to be less vendors and less people there too, we considered changing the date but there was conflicts with the other open date as well, all in all i sold almost everything at my table and now have room in my hanger to build all the planes i still have in boxes. Thanks to everyone who came out and we'll see you next year.
Wayne V is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #16
benjhind
RCC Supreme Contributor

A huge thanks to those who set this up, and another for the vendors who let some things go at incredible prices! I love to barter, but wasn't able to yesterday as the prices were already too low!

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
cougar
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Lloyd Ertel
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 32

i was there for the first time. and was very disappionted. the show was going to go till 2 so i drove for 2 hours to get there. and when i got there 11:30 people were packing up. there was 1 vendor. i ended up going to avf and buying 2 sheets of wood so that this would not be a waste of my time. i was looking for a radio. but oh well. other people seem to like it. just not me. i guess
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #18

Total Props: 57

Cougar, I have to agree that arriving later in the morning is about as productive as going garage-sale-ing and leaving the house around 10AM.

It seems that the early bird does get the worm.

Of course, this being Thanksgiving weekend probably meant that number would be way down (spousal over-ride and that sort of thing.)

I've been reading the thread and one of the comments was that there were other events (swapmeets?) in the surrounding weekends.

Personally, I'd like to know where these events (swapmeets) are because I do have a pile of stuff that I'd like to recycle and need to know where they are. THe only one that I heard of in OCtober was LMAC.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #19
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9

Sorry you missed out Cougar, but post #7 here warned that you have to get there early and "if you snooze you lose". The later you get there, the lower the prices but much less selection.

I certainly enjoyed myself there and I met many people I knew and got to socialize a little.

I got 2 2100 20C LiPo's, a almost new .61 engine, 5 sets of dean's connectors, props, hinges, servo arms, mounting hardware, wing hold downs, crystals, etc. etc. all at VERY good prices.

The KW Dutchmen hold their's in January, although not as big - you certainly don't want to miss it.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #20
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

As I said earlier, I usually sell stuff at this show but rairly, if ever, buy anything. I hit the floor early for a quick look around and man, some of the prices were so low this year. Soon as they announced that the doors were open, I head right to the item I had spied earlier.

I couldn't resist a deal on an absolutely beautiful little Sky Camper. Fully complete, great detail, had full radio installed and an OS 40 Surpass that looks like new, along with a Futaba 6 channel radio. This full RTF airplane for $90.00. Now thats a deal!

But like I said in my first post, things moved very fast. Doors opened at 9 am and by 10 am most of all the great deals were already had.

As always, I really enjoyed this meet! Was good to see old friends again and meet a few new ones too!

PS: The RCCanada hat really helped. Met a few of the fellows I've seen on-line but had never seen in person.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in