Stupid or cool? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 03-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
oviroble
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ovidio
Radio of choice:
DX9
# of RCs: ++

Total Props: 0
Stupid or cool?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just wanted to share these videos.

very limited space. delightful to watch, easy with the eyes.

Obviously the highest level of control but still a bit risky

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Cheers

Last edited by oviroble; 03-31-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add info
oviroble is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Stupid or cool?

That last video is one I have been looking for since the guy in New York killed himself.

At the time the discussion was on why some people insist on flying too close! I was looking for that video to give an example of someone flying too close.

The last video shows the heli way too close for anyone's comfort. one little slip, one little brain fart, and someone is dead. Hell, even the video guy is hiding behind the light pole!

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last edited by Max; 03-31-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Keyrigger
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX-20 and iX-12

Total Props: 46

All those videos show the poor judgement of the pilots. The skills are questionable. Just because there is a bit more space than the helicopter flown in it, does not mean it is a good idea. The last one out on a live road, I didn't even bother to watch. That's idiotic and I am being civil.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Tr4ckryder
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB
Radio of choice:
JR XG8
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 2

these are world class pro pilots in these videos .... tareq alsaadi, bert kammerer, poom uditananda .... nick maxwell often flies his larger helicopters in his garage

is it safe? that depends i guess. i would never do it myself and i wouldn't recommend anyone else do it, but my skills are not even a fraction of what these guys are capable of

are you going to condemn what the blue angels or the snowbirds do? they are professionals and people pay to see them fly dangerous stunts. why should pro rc helicopter pilots be any different?

do you condemn motorcross racers, base jumpers, bungee jumpers, skydivers, snowboarders, skiiers, or other extreme sport people for pushing the boundaries?
Tr4ckryder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
jimmylegs519
RCC Apprentice

I am: derek

Total Props: 1

Wasn't the guy that died in new york a pro too? No matter your level of skill that's dangerous. Guys that do things like stunt flying know they take they're life into they're hands everytime they go up. These guys are making the decision to take there life into they're own hands when there is no need to, they could just fly it at a safe distance instead of a few feet away from them. Plus as world class heli pilots should they not be on the safe side to show the professionalism?
jimmylegs519 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Tr4ckryder
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR XG8

it's a choice each individual needs to make for themselves and it doesn't make them stupid if they decide to fly this close to themselves if they understand the risks

should professional olympians or race car drivers not take any risks and set an example? let's force race car drivers to a speed limit of 100kph so they can set a "safe" example, or perhaps we should tell ski jumpers that they are only allowed to launch off jumps that are 3ft high because we wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression of what's safe or not safe.

i personally would never fly this close to myself as a choice but i won't judge others for their choices as long as they don't put other people at risk unwillingly.

there's no need to judge here unless they are putting other people at risk against their will

the last thing we need is to judge one another. keep the hobby fun and respect others in the process

Last edited by Tr4ckryder; 03-31-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
jimmylegs519
RCC Apprentice

The difference is that race car drivers etc do it as safe as possible . Your right it's they're choice and it doesn't make them stupid but in my opinion it's a stupid choice too do something like that. What if the heli in the last video went off course and hit the dude filming? You think for one second his family would be like oh well it was his choice? Do you think the guy flying it would of have been like oh well he knew the risks?Yes accidents happen and yes adrenaline rushes are great but there is a line between wanting a rush doing it safely as possible and making stupid choices. You are right no one has any right to judge but we do have a right to our opinions and Never did I once say they were stupid just that this is hugely dangerous and a very bad example to the up and coming flyers.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
Tr4ckryder
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR XG8

the guy filming DOES have a choice. he can choose not to film or be there

he could have chosen not to be there knowing how tareq flies

and as for race car drivers, there is nothing safe about it at all when you're actually on the track doing 200kph+ attempting to pass other drivers that are trying to prevent you from passing. same goes for motorcross

what about olympic ski jumpers
Old 03-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

All the examples of the race car drivers, ski jumpers, etc. (with the exception of base jumpers) are done in closed environments with emergency staff present, vast amounts of research into safety measures, spectators separated from "the action" etc.

The only video there that appears to be in a controlled environment is the one in the gym. The last one is on a public roadway for heavens sake!!!

Stupid stuff.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
jimmylegs519
RCC Apprentice

Nascar drivers/f1/drag drivers crash at 200kph+ and walk away all the time due to the Safety features/ regs put in place. Motocross where a ton of protective gear. Even ski jumpers wear protective gear helmets etc.. making it a safer risk then flying what is basically a saw feet from your face. There is no comparison what so ever there. And as I said in my opinion its a stupid choice to make. That's just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in