General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
donkey **** canada customs

hey guys,

i ordered some clutch parts from a main hobbies and paid extra to have them shipped out to me by ups air express which guarentees next day delivery by noon. i have ordered parts this way from a main at least a dozen times with no problems whatsoever.

today my parts havent arrived as of 230 so i called ups customer service and low and behold my parts are now delayed 2-3 days because the donkeys at canada customs decided to do a random inspection of my package. this is a package that weighs .20 of a lb containing clutch shoes, springs and some shims.

now ups informs me that because this delay is caused by canada customs im not entitled to a refund or discount towards what i apid extra for in shipping costs.

it burns my that our govt is known for letting any tom * or harry into this country, many without any papers showing who they are, many with criminal records to boot but yet a package containing toy car parts gets opened up like its some sort of terrorist threat or something.

total b.s .

i know some guys will say serves you right for not supporting canadian hobby shops but sorry guys no hobby shop in ontario carries fioroni clutches that i know of and if i ordered it from a local hobby shop id be lucky to get it before the glorcs final.

well after venting against stupid canada customs i feel much better now.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
good thing you didn't try to ship in something real dangerous... like, say... an airsoft gun that shoots plastic bb's. Canadian tire is allowed to sell them, but you can't import one without a movie license otherwise!!! Customs just keeps your package then. I hear they have great skirmishes at the customs warehouse after hours with all the confiscated airsoft guns!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re canada customs donkeys

heh heh,

hey gump its too bad we couldnt get some spy footage of them at play and post it on you tube.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Doc
RCC Contributor

I am: Derek R

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
hey guys,

it burns my that our govt is known for letting any tom * or harry into this country, many without any papers showing who they are, many with criminal records to boot

Hey Kev, how do you think I got into Canada? haha.

Besides, wait till UPS wants another $40 from you for brokerage and taxes.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re fees

that must be true derek. you bluenosers are kind of like foreigners to the rest of canada anyways eh? lol

on the subject of ups fees i never pay any fees except for taxes.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
SublimeJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post

Besides, wait till UPS wants another $40 from you for brokerage and taxes.
Yep I Hate UPS They charged me $41 Bucks Brokerage fee on a $80 set of MT Wheels.........and that's on Top of the $16.99 I payed for shipping.......

USPS is the Way to go when ordering from the US.......
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
hyper7boy
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike R.

Just yesterday, I recieved my new V-Spec from an online order, and when I got it the package had been resealed on one side with yellow CANADA tape. The box for my V-Spec had also been opened. The factory seal was broke and everything. The little bag the motor is in was also open. I am suprised they didn't tear apart the motor to check for anything lol. Also today, i recieved a box from A Main Hobbies with contents such as tires, radio case, and other parts. The package was perfectly seals. Its funny, you would think think that a bigger bow would be more of a threat to the country lol.
hyper7boy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re ups fees

i have had rc items shipped to me by ups over a dozen times and not once have i paid any additional fees except for the taxes.
as long as you get it shipped ups air you dont get dinged for any extra fees. its when its shipped ground you get raped.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
imported_4wdmt
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
i have had rc items shipped to me by ups over a dozen times and not once have i paid any additional fees except for the taxes.
as long as you get it shipped ups air you dont get dinged for any extra fees. its when its shipped ground you get raped.
Is this true? I always read horror stories about UPS and their infamous brokerage fees. So...at any value and dimension of the parcel...if shipped by UPS air, no brokerage fees. If ground...you are raped. I might try it out. I order from towers and A-Main and I always skip out the UPS shipping for fear of additional brokerage fees.
imported_4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
Doc
RCC Contributor

I am: Derek R

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper7boy View Post
Just yesterday, I recieved my new V-Spec from an online order, and when I got it the package had been resealed on one side with yellow CANADA tape.
Every time I get a motor out of the US, it gets inspected by customs. I think it looks like a gun part under the xray machine.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in