Did you fly today? - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 04-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #61
4wdmt
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joel D

Total Props: 8
Re: Did you fly today?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry3182 View Post
Just took my new 500esp out for it's maiden. Took it up for a quick 1 min hover, was about all I could do because of the wind and skill level. The wind blew my hat off so I figured I should shut it down. Hopefully this evening the calms down. Hovered excellent with nothing strange happening at all. I must have done something right building this one, and it was my 1st build/ setup on my own. I'd like to thank Shawn (OICU812) for helping get my 450 up in the air last year and for his advice with flying and setup. Without his help I'm sure it I wouldn't be righting this about my positive flying experience.
Congrats on your new T500 and your first maiden flight. I agree, if you think the wind is too much for your skill level, better pack up before the inevitable happen. One thing I like about the T500, even if it is a bit windy outside, it won't be blown arouond not like my 450. You are also lucky to have experience pilots around you to help out like Shawn. Not like me, I have to use the internet to acquire all the heli set-up and knowledge needed for this hobby and still I need to learn more.

When my schedule cooperate, I will be inquiring in the 2 nearest flying club around me. Aside from my irregular work schedule, we only have one car (bummer). Limits my mobility, not to mention bringing along 2 helis and all the gear.

How I would love to fly in a big open field .
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #62
FaceDeAce
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C, Prism 7x
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1

Yup, I got a few flights in with the Trex450 yesterday too. first flights of the year. Was very nice to get outside. Flying the mcx around the basement for the past 2 months was getting pretty boring.
FaceDeAce is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #63
tskca
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Ken Lee
Radio of choice:
JR 28X

Total Props: 4

Over 100 flights this season.

That's over 15 hours in the air in 4 months.

However, progress is slow. I figure that those who use a SIM at a rate of one hour per day, progress 5 times faster than I. And they don't have to do as many builds, repairs,.... travel as me.

Thank goodness I got a PC at Xmas and am using a SIM when I have time :=)
tskca is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 AM   #64
Cdallas2
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris D

Total Props: 0

Great day for flying.....

Got in 4 flights (and tons of BS'ing) on my Hawk Sport. Mounted the Rotortech CF blades, removed the flybar weights and even tried out some different paddles.

Dean let me try out his Raptor 50 and I was very impressed with the increased power and now I know for sure next heli will be a 50.

I've been flying heli's since late August without a sim and I'm still not convinced they are required nearly as much as people say.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2140b.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	75938  
Chris Dallas MAAC#41367

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Cdallas2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #65
Phil Noel
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Phil N.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdallas2 View Post
..... I was very impressed with the increased power and now I know for sure next heli will be a 50.
Looks ike you and your son had a great day out together!!

What motor do you have in your old Hawk Sport?

For much better aerobatics, you should install the HW3180B damper spacers that come in the Hawk Pro kits.

They only take about 10 minutes to install and make a big difference.

If you still have the OS32 in it you will find a BIG power to weight increase by changing it out for one of teh new OS37's and the CN3039 muffler.

Last edited by Phil Noel; 04-26-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Phil Noel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #66
Cdallas2
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris D

Total Props: 0

My daughter actually.......

The spacers are already in it. I'm going to put on the BB bellcranks this week and when I do I'll put in the red dampers as well.

It only has the .32 and as I'm progressing I'm starting to find the limitations of this bird. I don't want to plunk down any more money on it as I'm planning to sell it in the summer and upgrade to a 50 size machine as the prices right now are getting really low and very hard to beat.

If you want to send me a Toki 40 or an OS 37 to try out I would be more than happy to give it a go though.....
Chris Dallas MAAC#41367

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Cdallas2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #67
ve7nly
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Darren W

Total Props: 4

Great flying Chris. I'm jealous. I didn't get any flying in this weekend. But I do have a couple more battery packs coming in for my 600. I'll be catching up soon.

Darren
ve7nly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #68
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry3182 View Post
Just took my new 500esp out for it's maiden. Took it up for a quick 1 min hover, was about all I could do because of the wind and skill level. The wind blew my hat off so I figured I should shut it down. Hopefully this evening the calms down. Hovered excellent with nothing strange happening at all. I must have done something right building this one, and it was my 1st build/ setup on my own. I'd like to thank Shawn (OICU812) for helping get my 450 up in the air last year and for his advice with flying and setup. Without his help I'm sure it I wouldn't be righting this about my positive flying experience.
Cool Perry make sure to hook up with us sometime soon, look forward to seeing your new heli man!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #69
Perry3182
RCC Contributor

I am: Perry Oldford
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Cool Perry make sure to hook up with us sometime soon, look forward to seeing your new heli man!
I often swing by the flying field to see if you're there, I'm sure I'll catch you there soon. I'm off for 5 weeks so hopefully I'll get over there a couple times.

The 500 is not 100% perfect yet but very close. Waiting on packs, so for now I've doubled up some 450 packs. Short flight times so It's taking longer than I would like. Hopefully in the next couple of flights I'll have it trimmed perfect.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #70
Perry3182
RCC Contributor

I am: Perry Oldford
Radio of choice:
spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

Got half a dozen packs through my 450 this weekend. After practicing side in and some nose in I finally got up the nerve and took her up high and did my first figure 8, although it probably looked like an 8 that was drawn by a 4 year old non the less I'm happy with it. Now if this snow would fly somewhere I'd be happy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in