Quebec Clubs need your help CPTAQ - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #31
morse
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Re: Quebec Clubs need your help CPTAQ

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Bob Larry here ( lumix camera )

Have you thought about contacting Ric Peterson of cjad radio in Montreal

He has a afternoon show and is a very avid plane nut . I am sure the

publicity that you would get on his show would help best of luck .

Larry future model airplane pilot one day .
morse is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #32
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: bob f
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 8

Once we get the letter done, we will be contacting all stations. cjad, also 98.5fm their is a fellow there that is also a plane nut. so once we get things right, we will be contacting all of them, even TV frnech and English.
RC Sail boats
bob forest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #33
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
futaba

Here is a copy of a letter that was sent by an AMA member to Mr. Jean Charest our Prime minister of Quebec.
This letter should give you good ideas of what to write when you send in your emails.
Jean Chevalier will be posting this morning all the email addresses and mailing address.
This was written by Curt R Beyer, and look at his job description, look at what the hobby brought his carreer to.

To: courrier.president@assnat.qc.ca
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:02 AM
Subject: REF: Reversal of law to operate Radio Control aircraft on agricultural land
(Prime Minister Charest, Minister of Family & Ederly, Minister of Sports and Leisure
I am writing to all of you asking that you reverse the new law that suspends the flying of radio control airplanes on agricultural land. This hobby has been enjoy for many years, has put money into the economy, has given families with children, senior citizens and friends to enjoy a hobby that is as old as time.
These people by flying their radio control airplanes not only gives them pleasure, but keeps them active, so that they can live longer with their families, gives their children an opportunity not only to fly, but to build one of these airplanes, which gives them a positive outlook on life, instead of committing a crime. In simple terms, it helps them to utilize their brains for something good, instead of hanging out with unruly children and getting into trouble. None of these airplanes that fly on the agricultural land has damaged any flying field soil, crops, etc. By taking this sport/hobby away, you are depriving adults, children and their friends from enjoying a great sport and activity .
How much land do they really use for flying. Actually a very small amount, which does not hinder agriculture!!! So far, your government and ministers have shut down 5 flying clubs out of 27. How much land is not being set aside for agricultural purposes. It is these flyers, their families, that make up the Province of Quebec. Why not help them, support them and there efforts, showing you care about your people!! The little bit of land that is lost is insignificant, and especially when it snows, they fly their airplanes with skis on them, as the agricultural ground is frozen tundra and not producing anything.
As a fellow RC flyer in the states, our flying association helps the people find and build fields, so that all can enjoy a great hobby. I am asking that you all reconsider the current law and revise it, so that your people living in Quebec can enjoy there hobby, which is helping the community. Go out and watch these pilots fly, ask questions, and you will be amazed at what goes into building an airplane from just plans, and then see the finished product leave the ground. Show some interest in what these people do by helping them retain there flying fields and to enjoy there lives.
I would like a reply if any of you would do so. Mr Prime Minister, would you please have your secretary forward a copy to the others that I have listed in the salutation.
Sincerely,
Curt R. Beyer
Retired USAF
Currently working on the Space Shuttle
RC Sail boats

Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #34
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
DX18Stealth
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 55

In order to get the most affect from your letters I would suggest you address Mr. Charest by his proper title which is not "Prime Minister". Not yet anyway...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #35
JohnnyS
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Thank you very much for your efforts on behalf of our wonderful hobby. Please go ahead and use my letter as you have indicated.

Just to be clear:
1) Anyone can use my letter for their own message if they remove my name and put their own name on it.
2) If you want to use the letter with my name on it, please ask me first (As Bob has done in this case.)

Thanks very much, and best of luck to all of us in getting this problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Tremblay View Post
John,

I fully agree with my friend Bob. Your letter is extremely well written and addresses the real issues.

I have worked for Bombardier for 6 years and I'm now employed at one of the major airplane engine manufacturer, Pratt & Whitney Canada. P&WC represents a major aerospace employer in Canada and more importantly in the Montréal area with their head office and manufacturing facilities.

My intention would be to forward your letter to our top management (President and VP Engineering) which I have the opportunity to meet from time to time through my responsibilities within our Flight Operations department.

If you are at ease with my intention, please let me know and I will go forward.

Thanks for your support to Quebec's RC flyers.

Robert
MAAC #5637

Last edited by JohnnyS; 12-19-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Update.
JohnnyS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #36
RobinLeblond
RCC Apprentice

I am: Robin Leblond
Radio of choice:
14MZ
# of RCs: 4

I think, in addition to the email that we will all send to the Prime Minister, we could ALSO send a letter (paper letter), because, eventually they may put a filter on their mail to stop them to get trough. So, we may also use the good old way to reach them. As for me, I will both send and email and a letter from ALL MEMBERS of my family (as every member do practice the hobby, which included my two children, my girl friend and her son)). That's mean at least five letters only from my family... If everyone is doing so, they will received thousands of mails.

Je pense que nous devrions, en plus du courriel que tous et chacun de nous envera, envoyer aussi une lettre (une lettre physique, en papier par la post), car je crois qu'éventuellement ils vont mettre filtre sur leur boite de courriel pour stopper l'arriver de ces milliers de courriels. Pour ma part, je vais poster par la poste (en plus des courriels) une lettre. Chaque membres de ma famille (incluant mes deux fils, ma conjointe et son fils) envera une lettre. ce qui fera un total de 5 juste pour nous. Je crois que si tout le monde fais de la sorte, ils recevront des milliers de courriel et de lettres.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #37
rustyknight
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jean C
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 11

To each recipient of this E-mail: Lacolle Qc. December 19, 2008

We are asking for your assistance in our attempt to contact the Prime Minister Jean Charest and some other Ministers of the Quebec Government.

As you know, our Club has lost our flying field due to the CPTAQ action. This is because we are using this field for purposes other than agriculture. The CPTAQ (Commission de la Protection des Territoires Agricoles du Québec) is responsible for this "unfair" action.
Club Lafayette of Marieville QC went to the Tribunal d'Appel du Québec (TAQ) to win their rights to use farm fields for their activities without any success and finally lost their trial and almost gave up with this approach.

Four other clubs (Club Bross'Air, Club d'Alma, Club Lafayette et Club de St-Thimothé) are under the target of the CPTAQ and could eventually lose. We presume that the CPTAQ will eventually force all other clubs to do so.

We need to increase public awareness about this, and most of all we need to inform our Prime Minister and some other Ministers about this situation. This hobby is not only well known as a family and friendship activity practiced by persons of every age, but also is a very good way of promoting for the aeronautic industries. We are like a farm for them to possibly recruit future employees.

For those reasons, we need your help to reach our Ministers by sending these E-mails or letters written in your own words to inform them of our concerns. We need E-mails or letters to be sent from as many individuals as possible - and not only modelers. So we ask everyone, of every club, or persons they know (family, friends, known contacts and so on…), from Québec, and all other provinces of Canada and even modelers of USA to send an E-mail or a letter to our Prime Minister, and to the other Ministers mentioned below. When they get so many of these on their desks or in their mail, maybe they will finally allow us an interview so that we can explain our case. We deserve the right to be heard.
To write to the Prime Minister, use this link. We are suggesting two ways to contact him: by regular mail or by email and feel free to use both if you wish.

http://www.premier.gouv.qc.ca/premie...-joindre.shtml (An English version is also available if you punch English at the top)
By mail : Mr. Jean Charest, Premier Ministre
Édifice Honoré-Mercier, 3e étage
835, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1A 1B4

Here are the addresses of the four ministers which MUST also be contacted:

Madame Nathalie Normandeau, Vice Prime Minister: [email]ministre@mamr.gouv.qc.ca

Madame Michelle Courchesne: Educational, sport and family Minister: [email]edimestre.mfa@mfa.gouv.qc.ca

Madame Marguerite Blais: Eldest/Major Ministers: [email]m.blais@aines.gouv.qc.ca

Monsieur Tony Tomassi: Minister for the Family: [email]ttomassi-lafo@assnat.qc.ca

In your mail to our ministers, please provide this contact information:

M. Jean Chevalier, président for Club Modéliste Montérégie Napierville: 450-246-4543
M. Steve Woloz, MAAC Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-944-8241
M. Paul Burrage, MAAC Deputy Zone Director for St-Lawrence Zone: 514-646-0536

Then finally, please forward this email to as many persons as you can and do write a letter to our ministers.

Claude Melbourne Diane Montmarquette Chevalier
MAAC # 58082 L MAAC # 75603
Field Protection Chairman Club Modeliste Monteregie

Last edited by rustyknight; 01-13-2009 at 10:41 AM.
rustyknight is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #38
rustyknight
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jean C
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 11

À tous les récipients de ce courriel,
Lacolle Qc. Le 19 Décembre 2008

Nous vous demandons votre collaboration afin de soutenir nos démarches auprès du Premier Ministre et des ministres pouvant aider notre cause.

Comme vous le savez, notre club sera évincé du terrain prêté par un agriculteur et ce, par la Commission de la Protection du Territoire Agricole du Québec (CPTAQ) puisque nous utilisons une parcelle de terre agricole.

Nous avons fait plusieurs interventions auprès de ladite Commission et au Tribunal d’Appel du Québec afin d’obtenir une autorisation d’utiliser ce terrain à des fins autres que l’agriculture. Ce qui a été rejeté par ceux-ci.

Quatre autres clubs (Club Bross’Air, Club d’Alma, Club Lafayette et Club de St-Thimothé) subiront le même sort que notre Club. Nous croyons que d’autres clubs seront visés par la Commission de la Protection du Territoire Agricole du Québec dans un avenir rapproché.

Nous voulons sensibiliser le Premier Ministre et certains Ministres du problème créé par la CPTAQ et qui empêchera les membres de ces cinq clubs de profiter de ce hobby de plein air. Ce hobby est devenu au cours des années une activité familiale.

Pour ces raisons, nous avons besoin de votre collaboration en transmettant une lettre ou un courriel écrit dans vos propres mots au Premier Ministre et aux Ministres ayant un ministère touchant ce hobby pratiqué par les hommes et femmes de tous âges.

Plus les membres de tous les clubs transmettent par courriel une lettre à ces gens-là, il y aura plus de chances que le Premier Ministre et ses ministres porteront peut-être une attention particulière à nos demandes que seulement les membres d’un seul club. Ceci leur prouvera la solidarité qu’il existe entre nos clubs.

Pour écrire au Premier Ministre, Jean Charest 2 manières de le contacter (par émail ou par la poste)
Par émail utilisez ce lien. http://www.premier.gouv.qc.ca/premie...-joindre.shtml
Par la poste : Monsieur Jean Charest, Premier Ministre
Édifice Honoré-Mercier, 3e étage
835, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1A 1B4

Voici les adresses E-mail des quatre Ministres concernés :

Madame Nathalie Normandeau, Vice Premier Ministre : ministre@mamr.gouv.qc.ca
Madame Michelle Courchesne : Ministre de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport : edimestre.mfa@mfa.gouv.qc.ca
Madame Marguerite Blais : Ministre responsable des Aînés : m.blais@aines.gouv.qc.ca.
Monsieur Tony Tomassi: Ministre pour la famille: ttomassi-lafo@assnat.qc.ca

Transmettez ce courriel à tous vos contacts, amis (es), collègues de travail, famille afin que ceux-ci appuient notre démarche auprès du gouvernement.

Dans votre message transmis aux ministres, veuillez mentionner de communiquer avec :

M. Jean Chevalier, président du Club Modéliste Montérégie Napierville, Qc. 450.246.4543
Monsieur Steve Woloz, Directeur de la zone St-Laurent : 514.944.8241
Monsieur Paul Burrage : Deputy Directeur de la zone St-:Laurent : 514.646.0536
`
Nous vous remercions à l’avance de votre collaboration.

Mr. Claude Melbourne Diane Montmarquette Chevalier
MAAC # 58082 L MAAC # 73603
Protection des terrains de vol Club Modeliste Monteregie
St-Cyprien de Napierville Qc

Last edited by rustyknight; 01-13-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: pour faire correction
rustyknight is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #39
bob forest
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
futaba

Well I sent the emails, one from me and one from my wife. As you can see I took some of Cut's letter and modified it. For those that have a good writing you don't have to do this. but for an old fart like me, this is the way to go.
Here it is.
I am writing to all of you asking that you revise the CPTAQ"s laws concerning agricultural land to be used only for agriculture.This law that suspends the flying of radio control airplanes on agricultural land. This hobby has been enjoyed for many years, has put money into the economy, has given families with children, senior citizens and friends to enjoy a hobby that is as old as time.
These people by flying their radio control airplanes not only gives them pleasure, but keeps them active, so that they can live longer with their families, gives their children an opportunity not only to fly, but to build one of these airplanes, which gives them a positive outlook on life, instead of committing a crime. In simple terms, it helps them to utilize their brains for something good, instead of hanging out with unruly children and getting into trouble. None of these airplanes that fly on the agricultural land has damaged any flying field soil, crops, etc. By taking this sport/hobby away, you are depriving adults, children and their friends from enjoying a great sport and activity .
How much land do they really use for flying. Actually a very small amount, which does not hinder agriculture!!! So far, your government and ministers have shut down 5 flying clubs out of 27. How much land is not being set aside for agricultural purposes. It is these flyers, their families, that make up the Province of Quebec. Why not help them, support them and there efforts, showing you care about your people!! The little bit of land that is lost is insignificant, and especially when it snows, they fly their airplanes with skis on them, as the agricultural ground is frozen tundra and not producing anything.
My husband who is a fellow RC flyer here in Quebec,will bring his sport hobby to an end. He is 71 years old and of good health. What is he going to do after this is taken away from us. Sit in a shopping center, or start smoking. Other provinces help clubs to find flying fields. They are talking a minimum amount of land for the whold province. A total of about 300 acres, would cover all the clubs in the province, so that all can enjoy a great hobby. I am asking that you all reconsider the current law and revise it, so that he and thousands of others, living in Quebec can enjoy this hobby, which is helping the community. Go out and watch these pilots fly, ask questions, and you will be amazed at what goes into building an airplane from just plans, and then see the finished product leave the ground. Show some interest in what they do by helping them retain their flying fields and to enjoy our lives.
I would like a reply if any of you would do so. Mr.Charest, would you please have your secretary forward a copy to the others.
Helen Forest

tel:
Montevideo
Kirkland, Qc
H9H 3X1
RC Sail boats
Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #40
Arceenut
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob forest View Post
Here is a copy of a letter that was sent by an AMA member to Mr. Jean Charest our Prime minister of Quebec.
This letter should give you good ideas of w
I thought the PRIME MINISTER (at the moment) is Stephen Harper. Mr Charest is a PREMIER of the province of Quebec. Am I mistaken in that the title of PREMIER is not used in Quebec? If I am correct, please, lets address the Premier with his proper title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in