Indoor racing this winter - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm sure you won't be any slower than me.
If this indoor racing happens it will be my first time racing at a track, I pretty much just drive around in my driveway.
I hope I don't get to excited and at the end nothing will come together.
imported_Vinnie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
FrankC

As a guy that ran an SC10 indoors last year (once!) they are tough on the pipes. After one race I picked up Sprint 2 and it was alot more fun.

Last year was difficult because of the lack of traction so no one had a clear advantage. This year should be very different because traction shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully I can learn how to drive smoothly because I will be racing a 2wd car this year.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
imported_00nothing
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I'm sure you won't be any slower than me.
If this indoor racing happens it will be my first time racing at a track, I pretty much just drive around in my driveway.
I hope I don't get to excited and at the end nothing will come together.
The fastest car is not always the winner the guy/gal who can maintain a consistent speed and stay out of crashes is usually the one who finishes first even though they may be mid pack when it comes to lap times

In fact one of my better races i wasnt prepared for the race start my daughter was playing with my tt01 with esc set for 50% i went and did the race and left the esc at that placed 2nd or 3rd didnt crash once

Old 10-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

This indoor racing is for fun or do we have to have a specific type of motor to race around.
I guess what I'm really getting to is that I have a 5700kv castle creations on my car but the ESC is fried I'd rather just have to buy a new ESC vs a whole system.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
imported_00nothing
RCC Contributor

Quote:
This indoor racing is for fun or do we have to have a specific type of motor to race around.
I guess what I'm really getting to is that I have a 5700kv castle creations on my car but the ESC is fried I'd rather just have to buy a new ESC vs a whole system.
its all jsut for fun and theres a few guys running the 5700
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
Matt 47
RCC Noob

Do you guys have an indoor M-Chassis class this winter? My son and I would love to get back into R/C! When and where do you meet?
Matt 47 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #17
imported_00nothing
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 47 View Post
Do you guys have an indoor M-Chassis class this winter? My son and I would love to get back into R/C! When and where do you meet?
First want to say I am not or have anything to do with the organizers so anything i say is mere speculation

that out of the way I am pretty sure its going to follow the same premise as last yr no classes just fun racing we will break up into 2 possibly more brackets depending on number attending, the brackets are typically divided by both skill and speed around the track so dont expect to see a guy with a mamba running with the silver cans unless that guy jsut outright sucks

there is uaually some initial fun laps to help determine where people should be when it comes to creating brackets

its all about having fun first and foremost and is a very relaxed environment
Old 10-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

Since it will be my first time racing in a track with other people, I'm really looking forward to this.
I hope it's not to far and it's at a good time.
I finish work at 5pm and live in Innisfil.

I have a HPI Sprint 2

I hope there are no body restrictions, here is another view of my car.

Attachment 7214
Old 10-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #19
imported_00nothing
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Since it will be my first time racing in a track with other people, I'm really looking forward to this.
I hope it's not to far and it's at a good time.
I finish work at 5pm and live in Innisfil.

I have a HPI Sprint 2

I hope there are no body restrictions, here is another view of my car.

Attachment 7214
It really is a run what u brung environment guys nobody needs to worry about illegal bodies or to fast motor or anything like that, the biggest concern will be running tires that do not mark up the surface last yr we all ran hpi rally tires not sure what is going to work for this yr i know the organizers were looking for a new location but no clue where yet
Old 10-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #20
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
It really is a run what u brung environment guys nobody needs to worry about illegal bodies or to fast motor or anything like that, the biggest concern will be running tires that do not mark up the surface last yr we all ran hpi rally tires not sure what is going to work for this yr i know the organizers were looking for a new location but no clue where yet
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!
I think you know a little more that what your disclosing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in