Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: John C
Radio of choice:
JR XG14, Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 6
Accommodations for Imac events

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Seeing as the events are starting to show up on the Imac site and I am new to Imac, where is everyone staying for the events? I know it is early but we should start thinking of where we will stay. If the event coordinators have approached any Motels/Hotels or other please post here. It is good if we all try and stay at the same place.

MAAC# 84894 / IMAC# 7441
micadley is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21
Re: Accommodations for Imac events

Not disagreeing at all with you John, however I would suggest that the best place to post accommodation information is on the IMAC registration site in one common place with the info the the CD puts together about the particular contest, then it won't be fragmented into different sites and locations.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

Yes the registration site is where hotels, camping info etc are usually posted. If the event is an IMAC sanctioned contest that registration is on the IMAC web site.
One day events may have their own registrations and it seems that RC Canada is the go to place for info but with the new MAAC web site I would encourage all Scale Aerobatics contest directors to post their registration info there to hopefully centralize the information.
As the MAAC Scale Aerobatics chairman I (and the committee members) will try to formalize this process in the coming months.
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #4
micadley
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JR XG14, Spektrum iX12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE View Post
Yes the registration site is where hotels, camping info etc are usually posted. If the event is an IMAC sanctioned contest that registration is on the IMAC web site.
One day events may have their own registrations and it seems that RC Canada is the go to place for info but with the new MAAC web site I would encourage all Scale Aerobatics contest directors to post their registration info there to hopefully centralize the information.
As the MAAC Scale Aerobatics chairman I (and the committee members) will try to formalize this process in the coming months.
Lee I agree with what you are saying but having already been to the imac site and MAAC event page and looking at the NOIC event listing it states on the both sites the following (Copied from the MAAC Event posting)

The annual Northern Ontario IMAC Challenge (NOIC) will be held at Sault Ste. Marie in 2015 on the historic dates of August 1&2. The field will be available to participants Thursday and Friday for practice. Bring your floatplanes for some after practice float flying from our water front deck. More details will be posted in the Scale Aerobatics forum of RC Canada as they develop. Contest fees will follow IMAC rules with respect to IMAC members

Now I am just a tiny bit confused (which is easy for me BTW)...... Simply put I have signed up for a few events already and would like to start booking a place to stay and there is no information as of yet anywhere on where anyone will be staying and this is why I posted here. Last year when I attended the NOIC we were all basically spread out into 2 locations which were also posted here on RCC. I guess I will just wait and see what happens....
Thanks

MAAC# 84894 / IMAC# 7441
Old 01-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #5
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59

John,

I understand where you are coming from.

I to amone of those guys that likes to have stuff planned well in advance.

Yes sometimes some CDs foget that there may be people coming from out of town that would like to nail down hotel reservations as early as possible especially if the event is ocuring on a date that might see high travel volumes and so booking early can help.

if you are looking on the IMAC website in the North Central Region News & Events section and signing up for a contest look along the left side of the page and there are little icons. If there is any accomodation info it may be in there as a link.

It's always nice to get as many of us staying in the same place but it doesn't always happen as some of us who travel have certain hotel chains we like to use to be able to make use of any Points Reward systems in use eitherr to gain more points or staying for free by redeeming points.

Once there is a thread started for each Contest, as there usually is, make this inquiry about where everyone is staying. sometimes I will just book a hotel in advance just to get a good rate and for piece of mind knowing I have a place to stay then as it gets closer and everyone decides where they are going to go, book a room at another hotel that everyone else has decided to stay at then cancel the first one.

The fun & comaraiderie is what has me hoked about IMAC, the flying part is just an added benefit! LOL!

So are you going to any US Contests? I can probably give you a headsup on accomodations at some of the events like Jackson.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
micadley
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
JR XG14, Spektrum iX12

Thanks Jim

This is the reason I posted it. When at NOIC last year yourself and many others stayed at the same place and I really enjoyed it. I want to make sure I get the same this year and seeing as the NOIC is on a long weekend I was hoping to book a place now to ensure that most of us are together. I BTW got hooked by seeing how everyone helped each other out and had a great time socializing both on and off the field.

I have so far signed up for Ottawa, Woodstock and NOIC. Once more events are posted I will sign for more. Due to work I have to pick the events around that. I will probably attend a couple of US events as well depending on dates. I see Saranac is listed for June 6 & 7 but there is no registration yet. I will be attending this as well. I will talk more if I see you at the Swap meet this Saturday.
Thanks

MAAC# 84894 / IMAC# 7441
Old 01-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
Kent F
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kent f
Radio of choice:
J R 9303

Total Props: 0

Perhaps we can encourage Kevin and Craig to look into the Sault accomodations as this is a Long weekend....You there Craig?????
Kent F is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #8
steven r
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Steven Ruxton
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 2

Good news John! you won't require a hotel room to come to our contest!

Steve
Old 01-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #9
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24

Total Props: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven r View Post
Good news John! you won't require a hotel room to come to our contest!

Steve
Steve,

Thanks for offering your house to stay at!

Does your wife know yet that there may be 30 people in your house for the weekend?
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #10
steven r
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Steven Ruxton
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14MZ
# of RCs: 8+

Total Props: 2

Had 35 for Christmas and they were family! If somone really wanted to come for the contest I'm only a phone call away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in