Reversing the shaft on a Park250 motor. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
J_Budd
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jason B
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Elec Reversing the shaft on a Park250 motor.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So, I was building an FT Flyer (from FliteTest plans) and the motor I went with was an Eflite Park250. The shaft seemed to be backwards, so being extremely new with all of this, I found some instructions on YouTube..
I got the C-Clip off and removed the guts. I then removed the grub screws which secure the shaft. When I went to tap the shaft using a nail-set and light hammer, the motor casing folded in on itself...OOPS. So , just wondering for next time... Has anyone tried this before? Should the shaft have been easier to pull out of the case?
Hopefully this makes some sense.. And hopefully some of you get a good laugh at my expense (I sure did! ..since it was a cheap enough loss/learning experience)
Thanks in advance.
JB
J_Budd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
ray.lemke
RCC Noob

I am: Ray L

Re: Reversing the shaft on a Park250 motor.

I've not tried removing the shaft on this particular motor, but on other motors I've always had success. Once all screws and clips are off or loose support the housing with a wooden block having a hole just larger than the shaft. This allows any pressure on the housing to be right around and close to the shaft. Use a press, not a hammer, to gently force the shaft out. A pin chucked in a drill press works well for me.

The secret is concentrated gentle pressure directly in line with the shaft, not the potentially damaging impact from a hammer.
ray.lemke is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Daren71
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Daren M.
Radio of choice:
IX12

Total Props: 18

I just did 2 E-flite power 10's. There is instructions included with the motors that tells you what to do. Also, there is a very good video from Scorpion Motors on youtube that shows you what you need to do.

I used a bench vise, and very carefully moved the shaft, spaced with large washers, to move the shaft to the right side of my motors. A socket would have been ideal, but my bench vise was too small.

Take care, Daren

Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
J_Budd
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jason B
# of RCs: 2

Thanks very much guys.
Aside from youtube; The EFlite instructions said "you may need to tap with a small hammer..."
, so I thought "well, maybe I need to tap harder" lol.

The vise will be the way I go in the future.

Thanks again!
J_Budd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in