Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4
Parkzone Extra 300 Good/Bad!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well i just happened to be in the city today and had to pick up some product from a supplier. When i got there it wasn't ready yet so i slipped over the the LHS to see if the Extras were in... Woohoo!! they were so i grabbed the only PNP version they had. Get home and start to put it together... WTF!!! no landing gear!! it's a 3 hour round trip to the LHS so i called him to see what he'd do about it. "Come on back and i'll give you one" After reminding him about the fact that i live 1 1/2 hours away he said he's throw one in the mail....

Bummer ... i guess it's belly landings for this weekend
On the plus side I have owned just about every PZ plane made at one point in time and this is easily the best built, most nicely finished one they have produced.... alum spinner on a foam plane... nice!!
geoff

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
marco2236
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Marc A.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 6
Re: Parkzone Extra 300 Good/Bad!!!

I was in one of our hobby shops today and they had both the Plug n play and the bind n fly there.

They sure was tempting me, but I had to leave it there until next good paycheck.

Let us know how it flies, the pro's and con's if you would?

MAAC #81823... Valley Model Aeronautics Club.
marco2236 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
cassat
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics Aquila,Taranis,DX7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

Please confirm if the body and wings are both foam with painted skins? Photos
make it look softer than the Mustang......
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Is this plane capable of being flown indoors? Hopefully not like the sukhoi, which was useless for indoor venues like gymnasiums
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
chuebner
Administrator

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Is this plane capable of being flown indoors? Hopefully not like the sukhoi, which was useless for indoor venues like gymnasiums
Max... I think this is the one Geoff got

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=PKZ5175

Probably a bit big for indoor me thinks, but sure does look sweet. I am also interested on hearing a flight report!

Cheers
Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
Max
Administrator

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
Max... I think this is the one Geoff got

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=PKZ5175

Probably a bit big for indoor me thinks, but sure does look sweet. I am also interested on hearing a flight report!

Cheers
Curt
Oh- still nice tho.

Plug N fly sure makes getting a spare plane so easy these days. That is a nice craft, 15 size Wow!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
chuebner
Administrator

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Oh- still nice tho.

Plug N fly sure makes getting a spare plane so easy these days. That is a nice craft, 15 size Wow!
Yes, PNP or BNF is a great way to try lekkies. I have 3 PZ products now and all have been great.

I'll let Geoff be our test pilot first and see how he makes out!!

Cheers
Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Hey Guys, i'm waiting for a calm evening for the maiden which we haven't had yet.... called horizon about the gear and they shipped me a new set out. the LHS owner asked me to do that because there are a lot more hoops for him to jump through to get a replacement. He's still shipping me out a set but i'll send him my new ones from HH once they show up.

gb
Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
BigJohn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: john g
Radio of choice:
Spektrum dx8

Hi guys well a friend picked up a plug and play one the other day and he asked me to maiden it for him and tell him what my thoughts are of the plane.Very nice plane and its made of molded foam and not the pie plate type of foam, what I believe is called blow molded foam.The plane out of the box wasn't setup very well with the controls so I would suggest to anyone go over all setup items as the elevator was set to a down trim which made for a lot of up trim to get it to fly level.It seems to be a bit on the tail heavy side so I told P. to try and move the battery a little more up front to see if that can help.I also suggested that he try and stiffen up the Elevator as it will roll out very easy from a large or tight loop.After looking over the plane the tail had a slight warp in the right elevator and it will flex easly under any type of load when pulling back on the stick.Rolls a are a thing of beauty but you need to have it set on what they call high rate.I made these suggestions to P. and that was to stiffen the elevator so it doesn't flex under load,set the eilerons between high and low rate(what they call for in the manual)for low rate setting and give more travel on high rate.Rudder is good but could use possable a bit more travel to help hold knife edge flight(remember plane is tail heavy at this point of setup).The plane will fly at the standard setup called for but slow to correct so I believe more throw and some more nose weight will help him be more successfull with the plane.Out of the box its a nice looking and clean airframe.It goes straight up without any trouble at all so it doesn't lack in power but we will see how it flys next time out with the changes I suggested.It lands faster than his T28,but I believe he will be able to control the plane as long as its flown to the ground.These are my thoughts on this plane as I have flown it and will post more after it stops raining and the wind calms some time later this week.Nice plane,easy to see in the air and little time to correct a couple items I feel will help P. with his newest plane.John
Old 06-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
eddie215
RCC Noob

I am: Andre E

Total Props: 0

I just picked up one of these today, BNF version. Once I got it home, I put the battery on to charge and started putting it together. Out of the box everything was good to go. I put it together in about 20 minutes, it would have been less but I stripped one of the screws that hold on the landing gear. They are pretty cheap screws and I almost stripped another putting it on. I plan on replacing them with something a little better. I have to say that this is a pretty good looking plane.

I took it out to the field and got it in the air. I had the same issue as BigJohn and had to dial in a ton of up trim on the elevator as well as some left trim on the ailerons to get it flying straight and level. The grass at the field is a little long so when I came in for my first landing I was a tad fast and ripped the landing gear off. I taped it back on, made some linkage adjustments and tried again. This time it was much better. I am pretty impressed with the power this plane has. I think it's going to provide me with lots of entertainment.

BigJohn, you suggest the elevator could be stiffened to prevent flexing. Based on what you have seen of it, what would you suggest as a way to do this?

Cheers
Andre

Last edited by eddie215; 06-28-2010 at 10:43 PM.
eddie215 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in