chrisfoley
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris F
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Fly Cam One 2

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello All
I purchased a Fly Cam One2 and have been playing around with it around the yard. I don't find the video to be all that great. I have not mounted it to any planes yet but will try it out this week. Anyone have any comments they wish to share about this cam.

Thanks
Chris
chrisfoley is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Nuker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Total Props: 0
Re: Fly Cam One 2

I'm sure some of the pros will sound in but I've played with my flycams the last few years. These are just personal observations.

I have the first and second versions. What is critical is to protect as much as possible against vibration with taking video. The pics are a hoot and not bad with 1208 x 1024 resolution. The video is 640x480; still acceptable. I found indoors isn't a great quality. You'll see a big difference outdoors. For a $100 camera the quality isn't all that bad.

Some tips:

1: If you have one, try to mount it in a plane that is either a pusher or maybe a twin to give a full unobstructed view from the center

2: If you don't have one, I mount mine on the wing. facing center, just outside the prop and about 40 degrees downwards. If you want shots of the club house, flight line, parking lot; just mount it sideways

3: Best quality is "endless pics" about every 5 seconds The key is to try and keep your plane as level as possible to get the best shots.

4: On video, the only sound you'll hear is engine revs and props spinning. Even with electrics, other than a glider, you'll just hear the engine and prop.

5: If you have the receiver control cable, you can program a switch to take pics. It's ok but without the perspective, I didn't gain much. Endless photos is the way I go now most of the time.

Keep in mind while it isn't the best camera out there, for what it costs and what it produces, I'm certainly happy with mine. The next step is a HERO HD Pro but not this year anyway. For what I use mine for, I'm fully satisfied.

As long as you have fun, that's what it's about anyway.

Best of luck with yours

Bob
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in