No More Bashin' @ Bayview? ... Maybe ... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Unhappy No More Bashin' @ Bayview? ... Maybe ...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sup to everyone who came out to bash, crash, fix, chill and repair at Bayview BMX Track on Sunday August 21st. It was an amazing turnout...had to be like 25 or more buggies and trucks there. It was great that everyone followed the rules of letting the bikers bike and not park on the grass, except for a few bad boys who didn't pay attention to the rules set up right here on this website, or just didn't care or weren't aware of the guidelines and rules that were set out to have a hopefully trouble-free good time.

Unfortunately at around 6:15pm or so, the cops came by and told us to stop running our machines...only one of us was running at the time, we were pretty much packing it in for the day. Apparently someone complained about the noise and not being able to ride their bikes. We feel it is the same person that complained before who lived on the other side of the hydro field, but we all know it takes just one complaint to the city and we may be banned for good.

Anyhow the cops were actually pretty kool about the whole thing, and actually felt it wasn't a problem as long as we were respectful of the bikers and passerbys. They even took the time to ask us a few questions about the hobby and even looked at some of the pics we took. One cop said he'd come by and just watch, but who knows what his true intentions are.

In the end they read the notice from the city about the rules and regs and said everything was fine for now, but to stop for the rest of the day, he took down the1-800 number on the BMX notice board, prlly to give it to the person who complained.

This may have been the last day at BAYVIEW, we will keep all updated. Just to be safe, we have agreed not to bash there next weekend (Sprucewood weekend anyway) and return the next Sunday to test the waters. If anyone is thinking of going...please give the bikers the right to use the track and just wait until they are finished WITHOUT rushing them.

NOTE: Parking Lot Running is definitely OFF LIMITS...too much noise.

Peace!

HPI Savage X 4.6
Painted Indy Silver - Basher
Ford F-150 painted 2 tone: Black on Silver w/ red racing strip - Cruiser
Spektrum DX 2.0
imported_FIREFOX is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
WeatherB
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: F.B.

That's crazy!

I think the problem is that the place has taken off too quickly over the last month or so.
WeatherB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

Hay i was there, and the bikeers had the right of way, some of them were even kind enough to let us know there were done, and could have the track....

even the dog walkers were friendly

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

There were a couple of guys who didn't stop at all, but I'm not one to point fingers, it was a good time, it just ended sourly, we weren't even running when the cops got there...the track was free.

Oh well...

HPI Savage X 4.6
Spektrum DX 2.0
Old 08-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
BIGWINNER

25 guys out bashing ? Growing too fast ? This place is not an rc track- get it through your heads ! Stop having massive bash fests there and keep it small and we will be able to enjoy this track for years to come.
BIGWINNER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
WeatherB
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: F.B.

I have to agree with Stranix...
WeatherB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
tefflawn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
i agree

i agree to. we just have to be more cautious
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #8
imported_offroader
RCC Master Contributor

I think the problem is running in the parking lot the noise travells more out there. We should keep to the track the hills and grass will absorb some of the noise.....my two cents worth!
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

there might have been 25 guys, maybe more, but they were not all running at the same time.....

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #10
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranix
25 guys out bashing ? Growing too fast ? This place is not an rc track- get it through your heads ! Stop having massive bash fests there and keep it small and we will be able to enjoy this track for years to come.
Hey Stanix! We understand it is not an R/C track, that is why it is one day out of the week for a couple of hours, we also do not have "massive bash fests" all the time, and we do not expect to. We can not stop ppl from going there as much as we can stop ppl from taking their dogs there to crap all over the grass and not pick up after them!

AND we also do not have the luxury of owning our own track in our backyard. I'm sure if we could find a spot and have the city allow it, we would do it in a heartbeat.

Peace!

HPI Savage X 4.6
Spektrum DX 2.0
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in