GLORCS 2009 Electric 8th Scale Discussion - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #41
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Abiye ran 1 second faster per lap with his electric over his nitro buggy. Also they are much better in the acceleration department, plus more consistent because you have to be smooth on the throttle.
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #42
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Monkey View Post
It's ECO friendly too which would make up for my 32V V8
Can anyone confirm this? With the manufacturing and disposal of LiPo, is it still all that green?
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #43
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

Apples and Apples race together, Orange's and Orange's race together

Apples and oranges don't race together.

Lets face it with all of the variables the electrics and nitros are different. hence apples to oranges.

Louie I wouldn't say I am complaining, I was trying to be constructive. I just don't feel that nitro and electrics can be raced side by side fairly. They are just not equal enough in my opinion.

However I think it is a good idea for the monster truck class. Any additional vehicles for that class would be a positive thing.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #44
Crash Monkey
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCamber View Post
Apples and Apples race together, Orange's and Orange's race together
Apples and Oranges together make for some pretty sweet juice and the racing would probably be sweet.

Race them together but score them separately. I have no interest in taking win away from a nitro guy who's going to cry about unfair advantages after the race. However I'd like the opportunity to run with the nitros just to see how my electric car compares.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is what these forums are for; to have a constructive discussion. We shouldn't knock others just because their view is different than ours.
Crash Monkey is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #45
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

I have stated before that I don't believe the two vehicles should be scored together ... they just are not the same ... period ... and it has nothing to do with getting me * whooped (that happens regardless ... lol)... but, as stated, there is only so much time in a weekend and the electric guys have as much right to race GLORCS as the Nitro guys (to tell them to "go away" ... ie Fast Cats is counterproductive) ... really the only option is to run them together but score them separate ... but to say everyone taking this position is somehow threatened is just antagonizing
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #46
Abiye
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: joe blow

weather they are run together or separately it will still take practically the same amount of time, its just one maybe two extra heats were talking about here, its not like a whole whack of people are gonna go out and invest the huge $ required so that they can run a brushless 1/8...

i think the thread is getting a little sidetracked, lets stay on topic here and let the people who have some of these cars/trucks list what they're running... lets save the details for another day when we have a better idea of the numbers...

btw nice rigs mark
Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #47
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re marks brushless rides.

very nice rides mark.

im anxious to see how a gorillamaxx revo holds up on the track against the e-revo.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #48
DOCTORDREW
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash metal View Post
very nice rides mark.

I'm anxious to see how a gorillamaxx revo holds up on the track against the e-revo.
we had that show down last weekend at glenwood.

the gorilla max won. yes i was driving the revo.

we have been racing the electric with the nitro all summer long. by no means was the electric the winner or even in the top 3 every week.
we have them in the b main and c main.

if the track is designed right they will not have the advantage.

now i know where this is going >>>>>> if Dave Henry has one we will never beat him. lets be honest. all them fast people ..... your probably not going to beat them anyway.
we have 3 or 4 b and c main drivers with them. guess what they are still in the b or the c
Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #49
Jay C.
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_maradona View Post

i think the thread is getting a little sidetracked, lets stay on topic here and let the people who have some of these cars/trucks list what they're running... lets save the details for another day when we have a better idea of the numbers...

Refreshing words of reason...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #50
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

Maradona is right ... this thread is for guys to register ... Mods need to clean it up

I own both nitro and electric and I enjoy both ... I find the electrics harder to drive actually (mind you they are my only 2WD vehicles) but you also have to be much more conscious of the power at the throttle ... but in saying that ... with owning both I can honestly say ... there are certainly enough differences to warrant racing separate ... at least in a perfect world
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in