2014 IMAC World Championships- Who's In? - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Re: 2014 IMAC World Championships- Who's In?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
No leaving her at home and finding a muncie plane bunny
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #52
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyloose View Post
Good luck getting "Feefee" to camp with you....
Who you callin FeeFee? I just like my feather bed, satellite tv and cold beer in the fridge! Maybe if Sam Fillipelli shows up....just sayin....!!
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #53
isabel
RCC Contributor

I am: Isabel D.

Total Props: 4

Brainstorming questions for you all: if we could get some financial support as a group, what would be some costs that would make sense to cover? i.e. a big trailer rental? A need-based travel grant? Of course we can also split the amount amongst pilots but, are there any 'group' things that would be helpful for many people, that we could consider.

P.S. The question regarding estimating costs, I would think the costs are widely different for everyone depending on how you do it. As a ballpark estimate: gas costs (depend on your car) + accommodation cost (might be free if you camp) + 'extra' food costs compared to being home (depends if you do groceries and pic-nic or go out) + registration (depends on event, 25-35 for the local ones on average up to a couple hundred for higher profile events).

Usually in our case for a typical contest it's about a 1-2 tanks depending on the distance (let's say 100$ for 2 tanks on our small car, usually it's less than that) + camping (free if you have the stuff) + 1 restaurant night (40$ for two) + registration for two (60$ average). So about 200$ for two, the same scenario for a single pilot would be 150$. I think that's nearly the cheapest you can do it (except for the restaurant night... but we think it's worth it). My impression is if you stay at a hotel you can usually find someone to share, so you could factor that in. For this event the gas and registration will be more.
isabel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #54
aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7

any idea as to what the registration fees for Muncie would be by chance
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
Trumpetman
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Brainstorming questions for you all: if we could get some financial support as a group, what would be some costs that would make sense to cover? i.e. a big trailer rental? A need-based travel grant? Of course we can also split the amount amongst pilots but, are there any 'group' things that would be helpful for many people...
Hi Isabel, My suggestion would be that any funding be doled out to the individual pilots who qualify for the team with perhaps some additional consideration being given to the distance travelled. If the pilots in a certain region want to then pool their funds (ie. for a large trailer etc.) that would be up to them.

Gordon
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #56
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

We need to create a budget and get estimates for such things as team shirts, jackets, hats, flags, etc. we want to look professional and create a real Canadian precense for this.
Travel costs will be high especially for those in the far reaches. Rick's suggestion for teams to split the journey into a driving/flying swap and using a larger trailer to haul four or more planes at once is the way to go.
Hopefully we have people with large motor homes we can use to set up camp, and a couple of 12/20 foot shelters or larger thereabouts should suffice for a central gathering place.
A large flat panel display, computers, printers sound system etc will be needed to keep everyone informed.
There is a very good chance that flight lines will be split far apart so need a quad or golf cart to shuttle in between.
Need generators, BBQ, propane, gas, fridge, coolers, food, drinks, Canadian beer
You get the picture? A full week with thirty to forty people is a huge venture.
I am guessing personal outlay of a grand each easy but think of it as a holiday...much cheaper than going to Europe!
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #57
bullen
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Brent B

Total Props: 2

I thought i would jump in on some estimated fuel costing for us guys in the west should we make the cut.

I recently drove from Calgary to Tucson, 2660km each way pulling a 8.5' wide by 16' long trailer with 4 plane inside. The vehicle was a 2012 Escalade. Total return fuel cost was just over $1400. Calgary to Muncie is 2940km each way.

That said, should I make the cut I am committed to drive the planes down, perhaps with another pilot.

My bigger concern right now will be how the qualification process for the canadian team will be conducted taking into consideration the geographic expanse of Canada as there will be a few applications from us western guys. This will be a challenge.

So I agree with Lee on costs, but it will most likely be double for the western participants.

Brent

Last edited by bullen; 11-19-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling
bullen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #58
Rick Kroeze
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rick K

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullen View Post

My bigger concern right now will be how the qualification process for the Canadian team will be conducted taking into consideration the geographic expanse of Canada as there will be a few applications from us western guys.

Brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullen View Post

This will be a challenge.

Brent
Understatement.
Do you have suggestions?

Brent do you have enough contact between all the 'macers out there to know if everyone is aware of the worlds?
MAAC#70373 IMAC #4460
NC Region Judging Instructor
They say trees are 90% air. Personally I think they are 100% tree.
Rick Kroeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #59
Greg in NS
RCC Apprentice

I am: greg

Well - looks like i should be able to play. Had to get permission from the boss first. Looks like you might be able to get a couple of us from the east coast.

Sportsman
Greg in NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #60
Rick Kroeze
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rick K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in NS View Post
Well - looks like i should be able to play.
Awesome Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in NS View Post
Looks like you might be able to get a couple of us from the east coast.
Can you work on getting them to weigh in?
MAAC#70373 IMAC #4460
NC Region Judging Instructor
They say trees are 90% air. Personally I think they are 100% tree.
Rick Kroeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in