MAAC President Resigns - Page 38 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #371
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
Re: MAAC President Resigns

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I see some things haven't changed

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #372
Hadatom
RCC Apprentice

I am: Mike D
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Larkin View Post
Michael,

If you want to know what is going on, your first stop should be your Zone Director, not the internet.

Dave
Dave,
As you suggested, our club president sent a letter to our Zone director expressing his grave concerns about the recent events at MAAC. Do you want to know what the Zone director answered ?

"... at the present time; under the present bylaws governing MAAC; the MAAC code of Ethics re guidelines governing BOD members prohibits BOD members from disclosing specific details of the workings of the BOD and Executive Committee..."

So much for openness and transparency...
Hadatom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #373
Good Grief

Total Props: 0

Mmmmm Hmmmm Thats the same response I got from the ZD for zone "K".
  Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #374
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395

I suspect the last 3 or 4 pages of discussion has laid out all, if not more facts than an "official " investigation might uncover, or more importantly, disclose in the end to us under the current rules.

Unfortunately, we need to hope that those on the board who "direct" based on personal issues and old grudges, decide to step away from the politics before the ones with a national view grow tired of the games and lawyers and pack it in.

....trust me that whatever perks you may perceive they get for their service is not worth this nonsense
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #375
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Smile Re: MAAC President Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadatom View Post
Dave,
As you suggested, our club president sent a letter to our Zone director expressing his grave concerns about the recent events at MAAC. Do you want to know what the Zone director answered ?

"... at the present time; under the present bylaws governing MAAC; the MAAC code of Ethics re guidelines governing BOD members prohibits BOD members from disclosing specific details of the workings of the BOD and Executive Committee..."

So much for openness and transparency...
And in order for all the information and innuendos coming from some of the cast of characters here, it appears that that rule has been severely broken. ZDs are feeding a whole lotta people here....and have clued in a lot of those who are pretending they dont know what's going on, or wanna know what you know.LOL.Nothing new.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #376
Hadatom
RCC Apprentice

I am: Mike D
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 2

You want to know the truth ? You can't handle the truth !!

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself.. I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way.."

I think this clip says it all... Same arrogance.

Last edited by Hadatom; 01-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Hadatom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #377
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

Ronnieo ;

What hasn't changed is that some directors pursue positions on the board and executive to protect or further some specific areas of interest that effects them or their flying buddies. Some even feel there is some prestige worth pursuing.

Those with such personal ambition become indignant, angry and vindictive when others with a broader perspective get in the way. Classic big boy "bully" tactics ensue in the form of personal attacks, threatened law suits, human rights commissions, attempting to mobilize outside agencies etc...... to try and remove those obstacles to their goals.

What has changed is the rise of social media has made it much more difficult to get away with it.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #378
Michael in Toronto
RCC Contributor

I am: Michael R

Total Props: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy01 View Post
... Classic big boy "bully" tactics ensue in the form of personal attacks, threatened law suits, human rights commissions, attempting to mobilize outside agencies etc......

What has changed is the rise of social media has made it much more difficult to get away with it.

It would seem obvious to me that anyone in MAAC who would defer to "law suits, human rights commissions" and other outside agencies, holds their own ego as a priority over the hobby.

It would seem logical to me, that anyone who persists is such repeated actions against MAAC and fellow modellers, should be banned from MAAC, let alone from a position of leadership.
Michael in Toronto is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #379
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Smile Re: MAAC President Resigns

yes, Marc and it seems to me that some are setting up sides for a big showdown? It's like that game called "hide and seek"... "he's getting "hotter, no, he's getting colder"...really fun to watch the ones that know and the ones that don't know. Such is politics. Randy brown has it right... things don't change.

Last edited by ronnieo; 01-30-2013 at 08:48 AM.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #380
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

Right you are.

Seems the construction of MAAC incubates the us vs them showdown every year.

Time for a new thread on what really should happen at a corporate level and step back from the individual personalities?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in