any suggestions? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
imported_t-prince
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
any suggestions?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
so it was a nice day today so i decided to take my revo out for a little bashing in my backyard, which doubles as an alley.. i had the "not shifting" issue also like many others with the revo's.. so i took some of the advice the guys were giving and i played with the adjustment screw and i finally got it to shift to second and i had it going nice, until i crashed into a parked car.. lol it wasnt that bad i only hit my left front tire and ended up breaking the left front arm, steering knucle and bent a pushrod.. so now i need to get replacement parts, ill probably head to hobbyhome tomorrow or sometime this week.. my question is since im headin up there, is there anything else that usually breaks from head on collistions, or jumps, and if i should upgrade my arms and steering knuckles altogether.. if so, what brand, ive been thinking about rpm arms, dont know about the knuckles, i heard rpm ones arent that great..

so make a list for me guys, thanks in advance..

oh and i forgot to mention.. when i was putting after run oil in the carb, i noticed that when i apply full throttle, my carb doesnt open all the way, there is still about 2 mm of travel left.. what can i adjust to make it open all the way?!
imported_t-prince is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

RPM arms can't be beat, so I'd get those for sure if you're looking to upgrade. I'm not sure about the knuckles though, when I had my T-Maxx I never broke one so I didn't look into it.

As for looking at other stuff, maybe check out your bulkhead to make sure it didn't crack as well as that the hingepin isn't bent

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
imported_t-prince
RCC Junior Contributor

yes for sure i will get the rpm arms.. and yeah i cracked the part of the steering knuckle that holds the pivot balls.. and i just checked the bulkhead and hinge pin and they're fine..

what about the pushrod, should i upgrade to the red aluminum from traxxas, or is there others? or stay stock?..

Old 03-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
imported_BLAZE
RCC Senior Contributor

rpm arms for sure. rpm knuckles is defenatly out of the picture un less you got lots of money to spend on bearings. id go with alluminum knuckles. even for the racers too. get extra skid plates. they seem to break unnoticable. for the red anodized push rods. there light and break really quickly. exspecially the front ones. im running red anodizes tie rods and traxxas steel (black) push rods. they seem to be doing great for me.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
imported_t-prince
RCC Junior Contributor

so, stock knuckles and stock pushrods? just get extras, just in case?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
imported_t-prince
RCC Junior Contributor

oh and i forgot to mention.. when i was putting after run oil in the carb, i noticed that when i apply full throttle, my carb doesnt open all the way, there is still about 2 mm of travel left.. what can i adjust to make it open all the way?!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

response

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-prince
oh and i forgot to mention.. when i was putting after run oil in the carb, i noticed that when i apply full throttle, my carb doesn't open all the way, there is still about 2 mm of travel left.. what can i adjust to make it open all the way?!
sup bro the answer to your question is this, if you have a remote system, that has travel distance(the digital remote systems such as jr, spektrum etc) then set the distance you want the throttle servo to go to. keep increasing the distance until you hit that perfect open point. that should solve it.
now if you DON'T have a digital system( i assume your running the stock traxxas tq3) then do this. reset you servo, take out the horn, now increase the servo trim with the servo horn on. now take off you horn and put it back to neutral with the throttle trim on it's position you placed it in. you might have to play with it a little because, the throttle might me to strong and or might not have enough braking power. if worse case senerio, you make the braking linkage tighter by adjusting. i hope that answered your question.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #8
SublimeJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-prince
Adjust the EPA (End Point Adjustment)on your Radio so it opens all the Way, If you don't have enough adjustment left in the EPA to do it, You may have to Adjust the Linkage it self.......
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #9
imported_t-prince
RCC Junior Contributor

yes i have the stock radio, tq3.. im planning on upgrading but not just yet.. so how do i reset the servo? and im guessing the horn is the arm of the servo?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
mopowa
RCC Apprentice

to reset your servo take off the arm,turn on the radio and receiver, then put your throttle trim to 0 and then re attach the arm and it will be centered.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in