**Liability** - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #11

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Maac provides funding to teams traveling to international competition, do you really think they would say here have some money for travel, but we are not going to insure you after you take it.

The line is/should be drawn between amateur and professional. There are very very few if any guys in this hobby/sport that support their existence on this planet by solely flying toy planes. Most either work in the industry, or hold down other jobs. Andrew happens to be a friend of mine, and I can tell you that he has a regular 9-5 and flying toys doesn't pay the bills.

Furthermore, what difference is it to you if Maac insures those who are sponsored? In 17 years of flying I have never made a claim.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wene
Most "REP's" or sponsored pilots of company's are hired or ask them to join the Team and an incentive is given so that they will fly and promote there products, If they fly a different product then they are a REP for they will be fired or let go of the Team.
Level of sponsorship varies some get paid as well as free product, some get a percent off the retail price.

Either way they are enumerated for there time and abilities.

High visibility REP's are given percentage endorsements, Do you think Andrew Jesky is putting his name on a airplane for nothing and Curtis young blood doesn't endorse fuel for nothing either.

This is were the grey area is a lowly field REP go's about there hobby as usual and does not get invited to do a DEMO for the most part.
But I think once you cross the line and ask for travel expenses and such then you are not R/C modelling but are part of the manufacture advertising and they should pay for your insurance.

Like car insurance pleasure insurance is cheaper than if the vehicle is used for work, I think we all know how that works.

MAAC has to decide were to draw the line, if they want to keep there rates down.
This is what common sense would dictate, sorry but I found the whole grey area for "lowly field reps" as you have put it, a little paranoid.

stinking "lowly field reps"
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
Tmaxx4ever
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1
Take all the coverage away from the really good fliers, great idea!!! Why didn't anyone else think of that? I'm glad we don't need insurance for r/c cars!
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773
Maac provides funding to teams traveling to international competition, do you really think they would say here have some money for travel, but we are not going to insure you after you take it.

The line is/should be drawn between amateur and professional. There are very very few if any guys in this hobby/sport that support their existence on this planet by solely flying toy planes. Most either work in the industry, or hold down other jobs. Andrew happens to be a friend of mine, and I can tell you that he has a regular 9-5 and flying toys doesn't pay the bills.

Furthermore, what difference is it to you if Maac insures those who are sponsored? In 17 years of flying I have never made a claim.
Whatever "lowly field rep" BA HA AAHA HA HAHAH
PTA Hobbies
Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #15
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
OH man somebody better go take my MAAC card away...... I once let somebody fly my plane, so I guess that means I sponsored them.

I guess I should of handed them the Tx and then promptly told them, " Welcome to Team Chris, as of this moment you have no insurance so you better hope I built it right, nothing fails, and you don't dumb thumb it."

Come on guys this crap on here is getting out of control!! I know the flying season is drawing to a close but just go fly our toys and enjoy the rest of this season, no need to get stir crazy yet. What happend to all those nice, friendly person to person, share what you just bought or just learned threads??

I'm getting another beer and going to see what I can buy for my next project. What's everyone else up to?
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJrcflyer
OH man somebody better go take my MAAC card away...... I once let somebody fly my plane, so I guess that means I sponsored them.

I guess I should of handed them the Tx and then promptly told them, " Welcome to Team Chris, as of this moment you have no insurance so you better hope I built it right, nothing fails, and you don't dumb thumb it."

Come on guys this crap on here is getting out of control!! I know the flying season is drawing to a close but just go fly our toys and enjoy the rest of this season, no need to get stir crazy yet. What happend to all those nice, friendly person to person, share what you just bought or just learned threads??

I'm getting another beer and going to see what I can buy for my next project. What's everyone else up to?
Sometimes the pot must be stired
planning a 120" qq yak and trying to be the best "lowly field rep" I can be!
PTA Hobbies
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #17
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
Agreed Chris. I think sometimes we take things overboard. When are you and Ramz coming down to fly again? I'll have to get the katana fixed. I heard Ramz say he was gonna bust out a kaos under the lights in the parking lot with the MT.

Colin
Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #18
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 16
Quote:
Please tell me there is no such thing as a $40M blimp! That just doesn't seem like good value
OK, bad analogy 4 million

I wish I was sponsored to so I could worry about these small things!
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #19
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
Awesome guys thats what I like to hear,

Russ get that QQ yak. It looks killer.

Bell, get you POS katana fixed up, we need a needle valve for that GP10, and I have a velox that needs to be beaten even more.

Ramz, I wanna see another sweet R50 pile, and more hucking with the 34% what the hell is IMAK anyways??

Later!!
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #20
Tmaxx4ever
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1
I am getting the new nitro rustler from traxxas.
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in