Beware the Manitoba Zone Axe to Grind - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:11 AM   #21
Carl Layden
RCC Contributor

I am: Carl Layden

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For the inquiring minds

Step 1:
The "screechee" must kneel in front of the room with a Newfoundland flag draped across his or her shoulders.
( Hey, this is going to be a breeze! )

Step 2:
The "screecher" tells some jokes and gives a brief lesson on the Newfoundland dictionary. ( So far, so good, eh? )

Step 3:
Now that the "screechee" is at ease, he or she must devour a piece of hard bread. Next comes the bologna, followed by a hearty bite of caplin with a choice of either heads or tails.
( Yuck, but I can handle it! )

Step 4:
After the snack comes the part which is the event's namesake: a huge swig of Newfie Screech. Don't worry, we'll even throw in a peppermint knob to take the edge off!
( In the voice of Ralph Furly: Smoooooth! )

Step 5:
Now the moment we have all been waiting for: the "screechee" must kiss the almighty codfish.
( Okay, these Newfies are crazy..... I want to be one! Smooch!)

Step 6:
Finally, the screechee is asked the million dollar question: "Are you a Newf?" and the required response must be repeated perfectly. The response is:
"deed I is me ol' cock. Long may your big jib draw."
If the sceechee is unable to repeat this response, it is necessary for more Screech to be consumed. ( I love Newfoundland and I'm proud to be a Newfoundlander, born & breed! )

Golf : WHACK! F!
R/C Flying: F! WHACK!
Carl Layden is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:44 AM   #22
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
I wonder if you're aware, our own Derrick hails from Dildo....

Makes you wonder about the 'response'.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:36 PM   #23
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Layden
For the inquiring minds

Step 1:
The "screechee" must kneel in front of the room with a Newfoundland flag draped across his or her shoulders.
! )
For a minuite Carl I thought you where kneeling in front of a Newfoundland Dog

Now theres a story

Randy

Old 10-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #24
Rammer64

Total Props: 0
> What is the matter with you people? You don't know for sure if the losses are true. You're destroying the r/c industry with your BADMOUTHING the way it was handled. Not all of you were there like I was. I was there for NINE days working the gate, flightline, security among other things. Alot of people did alot of work and the last thing I want to hear from you is that " IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!"
There were some minor flaws but they were ironed out real quick and things went smooth from there.
If the M/Z had've tried to help or at least keep their mouth shut from scareing people away from attending the event because they were told it was going to a flop, things would have been alot better. I think the event went real well. Hat's off to Chuck Smith and his efforts along with many others for their efforts especially DENNIS.
If is true that the event lost money - SO WHAT!!!!!
It's not YOUR MONEY. That's the DUES that MAAC charges to supply US ALL with the needs of the R/C world. You still have the insurance coverage, You still get financial support when it's needed, you still have a voice through your zone director.
If things aren't good enough for you, then maybe you should start your own MAAC and run it any way you want to. The MAAC directors are elected and have been given the powers to do things that THEY believe will work for the BEST OF ALL MAAC MEMBERS. Not just the M/Z.
I've listened to you people RAVE about this since the conception and FRANKLY I'm tired of it.
My question is "WHO THE HE-- LEAKED OUT THE ALLEDGED LOSSES? The financial report was to be released at the next AGM and if a "CERTAIN SOMEBODY" pre-realeased that information, then I want their resignation NOW or they should be TOSSED out of MAAC. They obviously CAN'T be trusted in their position and SHOULD NOT BE there. >
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #25

Total Props: 57
Look everyone can we just stop all this about the Worlds. Look carefully at the direction we are going. I know most of you and I know for a fact that if we were at the field flying none f this annomosity and confrontation would even come up. Rammer you listen up this is not the Manitoba site look through the previous posts and most are telling Kenair to take it back to the Manitoba site. Rammer we are personal friends as are some on this site so I ask you please take a deep breath and relax.

To everyone I was part of the committee that put on the Worlds. I invested 2 yrs plus in the planning and spent 14 days running the volunteers. Lets all wait to see the final reports. A few points to consider that may put things into perspective as to the rumours and speculation.

I was the one who really pushed to have the Worlds Committee included in the same clause that the board and the executive have that of the "Hold Harmless" agreement between MAAC and its recognized officers. As it stood anyone who VOLUNTEERED could at the time be held financialy responcible for any losses incurred over and above the seed money given by MAAC. The hold harmless agreement basicly states that if MAAC approves the event or undertaking that they will cover any loses incured. Barring criminal intent or actions on the part of the committee's MAAC is finantally responcible for any loss plain an simple. My reasoning was simple I could not in any way shape or form risk tying my personal finances to something I was Volunteering to help organize.

I was at the AGM when this was brought forward and was tabled and at that time it only included the Worlds Committee. It was ammended to include every committee providing they were APPROVED by MAAC. It passed unanomously.

Consider this at this point isnt it obvious to everyone at the AGM that there is a very real possibility that if the committee are asking for this the potential for a substantial loss is there.

Understand that a year prior to this a bid by our Country to host this thing had been accepted. Everyone at the AGM knew two things for certain. One MAAC would look like idiots if at this late date we were to cancel out. Most likely there would have been no World Championships as it is very unlikely that anyone would take them on with only 1 yr to plan and organize it. Second all members of the Committee were going to resign if there was even a remote chance of us being held personally responcible for any incurred loss.

MAAC voted to have the Hold Harmless agreement include ALL approved committees.

MAAC endorsed the World Committee to put on this event period.

MAAC allocates seed money to put on events such as this and the NATS and other events. Seed money is used to start up help run the event and if possible to be returned to MAAC in the case there is money left after all the bills are paid. The seed money I believe was substantial and if that were to be subtracted from what ever the over run is how does that effect the overall picture.

Kenair and his opinions are like a cancer when he had done all he could to get people at each others throats on the Manitoba site, he comes here to start the same thing as he has done at every forum he could find. I was hopping that this site would not fall victim to the same as the Manitoba site. Unfortunatly by the numbers of posts and the tone of the posts we in that way are headed. How can we avoid this one might ask. Contact the Administrator. Jason can we end input to these posts and maybe make referance that if one wishes to get invloved in these topics the proper place would be the Manitoba site not here. I don't know what else to suggest.

Dennis Pratt

PS sorry about posting this to all the threads but I did not want to miss anyone.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:58 AM   #26
JimMoss
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
I've looked back over most posts on this subject and found that it looks like there is only negative input on the whole thread (Who will go unnamed ).

Most don't care that it lost money and lots are behind the organizers and volunteers 100% (Like myself ).

If people want to complain about this and throw mud in my opinion they should go else where and do it!

As stated "Just my opinion".

Thanks Jim Moss
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in