g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
OS 46 FX deadsticks

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Engine ran great. Piled it in hard. Gravity 1 SPAD 0 Brought the engine home and took it all apart before turning it over. Cleaned every last bit of the siltty sand out of it. Took it back out to the field today and it won't run reliably without idling it high. Every thing seems cool but if I go to low idle it quits. The only thing I can think of is that the carb got bent back a little in the "Plane VS Ground" match and i'm thinking that some air is getting bye. Does this make sense? Has anyone had this problem? Is there any way to fix it? Heres a list of things I've already checked

-Tank does not have a leak
-exterior fuel lines have been replaced
-Clunk is not jumbed to the front of the tank
-lets all assume I know how to set the idle mixture

All other suggestions are welcome

George

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
pep
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Phil E. P
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 7

Sorry about your luck.If you did bend the carb back a bit,why not try to put a bit of silicone over the O ring before putting it back onto the crankcase.Also check your needle valve assembly for cracks.Best of luck,let us know how it turns out.PS use automotive silicone,decrease the parts before you apply it and let dry over night.

Phil
pep is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
I assume that you checked the cylinder sleeve and piston very carefully! I had this happen with a Thunder Tiger 46 Pro engine and although I was absolutely positive that everything was fine, my engine did not run great afterwords, like yours I was having the engine quit on me.

I took it to a friend who took it apart again and with a strong magnifying glass checked out the piston and sleeve as well as the crankshaft intake. There were scratches on the shaft intake that allowed blowby. They could not been seen with the naked eye but were clearly visible with the magnifying glass! He was positive that this was indeed the problem. I thought of replacing the crankshaft but the scratches were also on the crankcase as well so I opted to just replace the engine.

I'm just relating my own personal experience and I sincerely hope that this is not the problem with yours, but failing all else, perhaps you could check out these parts again just to make sure!!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
Gabe
RCC Apprentice

I am: Gabe

Total Props: 0
46fx

As someone told me before welcome the the world of Os engines don't bother looking for parts especially piston and sleeve 80 -100$ this does not include shipping ,you are better off buying a new engine ......Gabe..
Gabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
Gabe
RCC Apprentice

I am: Gabe

Total Props: 0
46fx

Or any other OS parts......Gabe.....
Gabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in