Danyel's JET worklog - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #11
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136
Re: Danyel's JET worklog

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Danyel: if looking at a much lighter and higher tech turbine have you looked at either the KingTech k45 or the Jetsmunt 70xbl ?
The JM 70 XBL being the lightest at 660 grams with big advantage having an adjustable max out
Put from about 9 lbs thrust up to about 15 lbs allowing a wide range of aircraft changes.
It also has their brushless starter and brushless fuel pump with a minimum of wiring and electronics components in the aircraft to make it run.
The KingTech K45 at 700 grams with just one max thrust of 9.9 lbs thrust setting. It also uses the xicoy ECU
To make it run minimizing the internals to keep the weight dow.
Both of these are much lighter and pretty higher tech as they are two of the latest.

The base turbine weight if the JC P60 is 845 grams but required more and heavier internals to made it run.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited by stegl; 02-03-2017 at 07:49 PM.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Dutkoski
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 11

Well, everything is available Danyel, I have all the moulds and patterns. But, I won't be home until sometime in May. I would suspect you coukd go EDF bwith that copy, I could do the carbon fiber cloth pieces for you and provide the polyester resin, etc for you to upgrade the model.
Do me a favour, between the spars, slightly squeeze the wing and see if you can feel the cross bracing. There are two, if they are there, then the wing should be strong enough.

I can also provide the ducting, extra.
Dutkoski is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #13
Danyel
RCC Noob

I am: Danyel
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10J
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1

Thank you for the info stegl.... I will look at the JM70 it appears to be in the range that will work with the model.

@John After careful examination of the wings there doesnt seem to have any cross bracing. I am presently looking at opening up the wings to add supports and carbon fiber tube as main spar. Since you are the manufacturer of this beautiful bird I would like your input on the best way to open up the wings? As for the the rest of the aircraft structure an input on needed upgrade parts, buying needed materials from you would also be great. I would also like to buy from you the intakes tubing since you still have the molds. The exhaust tubing will not be needed as I may go back on my decision for a turbine with the JM70 due to its specs. I already had measured and ordered a turbine exhaust for the plane. Thank you for ANY help and input. As you will be back in may this gives me time to start the upgrade to turbine.

thank you all for your suggestions and help ....
regards
Danyel

Last edited by Danyel; 02-04-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Danyel is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

To open the wings up, I would suggest purchasing a new razor saw and carefully cut along the seam line. To assist in the cutting, lubricate the blade with WD-40 or simular lubricant. As for spars though, I think you wil have difficulty as I use PL Premium constuction adhesive as it is gap filling. The balsa sheeting might or most likely will get some damage.

As far as a tube spar, the wing tapers quickly to only 1/2", so the aluminum replacement for the plywood would extend furth and offer support.

Good luck
Old 02-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #15
Danyel
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10J

@John
Thank you for your input. I will be separating the wings as suggested. Can you give me a rough idea on the carbon fiber placement. After analyzing this whole situation the reasonable course of action will definitely be EDF. I have been looking at many angles, calculations and electric is the only intelligent way to go with this model ... ohh well.... The plane is beautiful so I will also require to buy from you the exhaust tube also ... please PM me price for both tubes and if possible the materials needed to bring this bird up to flight configuration... so off I go my new razor saw is unpacked and ready to go.... more to come

Danyel
Old 02-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #16
Danyel
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10J

Hello to all ...
Been away on business but got ALOT of stuff ordered and testing my retracts. I am waiting on 9 Hitec HS125 Slim wing servos and wires to custom build my servo wiring. I also planned on the wing tip lights. In all the planing I will need to add internal support for the wings due to the fact this bird was suppose to be just a static model and the wings CANNOT be reopened without major damages. All suggestions are welcomed.

John has agreed to sell me the needed equipment and parts to make this air worthy. I have sent a couple of questions to john and thank him in advance for the precious advice he has been giving me. So here are the pics John ... Thanks again for any info..

I will need info on getting this thread transferred over to the Electric Jets thread

Danyel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	802.9 KB
ID:	1174417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1174425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0616.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1174433  
Old 02-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #17
Danyel
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10J

Double post disregard
Danyel
Old 02-18-2017, 04:22 PM   #18
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Here is a fairly good closeup of the top access hatch, you can make out it's size by the location of the turtledeck fairing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1174441  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #19
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Just a thought Danyel, you should move this build over to the Electric Jet forum if you intend on doing it as a EDF. More guys with experience with EDF systems and such.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #20
Danyel
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba 10J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutkoski View Post
Just a thought Danyel, you should move this build over to the Electric Jet forum if you intend on doing it as a EDF. More guys with experience with EDF systems and such.
Any ideas how to transfer this thread to Electric Jets ??

Tags
cf-105 , cf1o5 , avro arrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in