Salute to Canadian Forces MAAC Members - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
britbrat

Total Props: 0
Salute to Canadian Forces MAAC Members

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Many of our club members belong to the Canadian Forces & I suspect that numerous other clubs have CF members. Our CF members are posted to Afganistan on rotation & they and their families are under great stress.

I think that it is appropriate that both MAAC, and the Canadian modelling fraternity at large, show their support & appreciation for our Canadian Forces members.

From me personally -- thank you Canadian Forces
britbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Gelcoat
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean B
Radio of choice:
Futaba...Spektrum...JR
# of RCs: 40+

Salute to CAF MAAC members

Greetings,

This is a most thoughtful gesture to our own out there fighting another's cause...but also to alll Forces members out there.

I wholehearthedly associate with Britbrat to express my most sincere gratitude to our CAF partners on foreign land and to their families at home living the deepest and most profound hopes of their return.

Good courage and best to all.

John
Gelcoat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Agreed!!!

Kick butt guys and gals!! Come home safely!!!!

We're proud of YOU!!!!

Chris

Old 08-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Don't forget to Thank your Vets!

MAAC is also full of Vets as well as the online serving members! Thank them! - Talk to them! - you will be glad you did!!! Your on to somthing -Well done!

Iam Ken Park 23 years Army Ret - Work now as Govt Civil Svt DND!!! Still doing my part for my Country! - In other words I never left the line!

MAAC 19430L
Member of Rideau RC Flyers - Ottawa.
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Midair
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 26
Re: Don't forget to Thank your Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken park
MAAC is also full of Vets as well as the online serving members! Thank them! - Talk to them! - you will be glad you did!!! Your on to somthing -Well done!

Iam Ken Park 23 years Army Ret - Work now as Govt Civil Svt DND!!! Still doing my part for my Country! - In other words I never left the line!

MAAC 19430L
Member of Rideau RC Flyers - Ottawa.
Hello Ken: Army I'm Air Force, 30 years and counting.

Lets not forget that most of the men and women who currently serve over seas have left behind wives, sons, daughters, moms and dads etc. They too deserve our recognition and appreciation. It takes a very strong husband or wife to hold together the fort and “keep the homes fires burning” when a loved one is not with you and is in harms way. To those that expressed appreciation to our serving members, I’m sure that your support is well appreciated. The concern, uncertainty and apprehension that our soldiers must surely be experiencing is made more bearable when know that the country and its citizens that you represent, support and care for you.

Peter
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Midair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Patch
RCC Contributor

I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
Yes, we owe our military a great deal. Not only do they put their lives on the line for others, they set a good example of what Canada believes in. Who here knew britbrat used to fly a fighter jet in the RCAF?

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #7
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike s

Total Props: 34
I served 29 yrs in the Air Force and recently retired. I was involved with the first Gulf War and the Somaila war and I'm glad to see that the people of Canadas view of it's military is changing.

When I joined the Air Force in 1976 the military had over 140,000 men in Uniform, when I retired from the military it had 40,000 men and most of them were officers.

Mike Sebastien
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

The Canadian Forces overseas are doing a fantastic job! My prayers go out to all of them and their families. My Brother landed back in Canada today after a tour in afcrapistan. I have yet to talk to him on the phone but I am looking forward to thanking him for what he has done.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.

P.S. I sincerely hope that those looking at this post without family overseas can understand the sacrifice other families and loved ones are making to help the Afgany people and make the world a better place.
God Bless,
Russ Hillman
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #9
Midair
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien
...when I retired from the military it had 40,000 men and most of them were officers.

Mike Sebastien
:

Actually, in 2004 the Canadian Forces employed approximately 62,000 Regular Force personnel, 23,000 Primary reservists and 22,000 civilians. The 2005 figures are fairly similar. The ratio of officers to NCMs was (and still is) approximately 11 NCMs to each officer. I don’t think that constitutes an officer majority.

Peter
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Midair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #10
HangmaN
RCC Apprentice

I am: Scott C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien
...when I retired from the military it had 40,000 men and most of them were officers.

Mike Sebastien
:

Actually, in 2004 the Canadian Forces employed approximately 62,000 Regular Force personnel, 23,000 Primary reservists and 22,000 civilians. The 2005 figures are fairly similar. The ratio of officers to NCMs was (and still is) approximately 11 NCMs to each officer. I don’t think that constitutes an officer majority.

Peter
Ok normally i would say nothing to a post like this.. But DAMM!! how can you go from a post suporting our current and past veterans into a pissing contest of knowing more facts then the next guy.. You just showed
what is 1000% wrong with all forums as of late.

If your so damm smart that you know it all.. then you should at least know how rude it is to correct a person in public anyways.. And i would guess he was refering to Regular Force personel?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in