Ottawa Valley Jets 2017 - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 03-01-2017, 04:53 PM   #71
Mike Anderson
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike Anderson
Radio of choice:
JETI DS-24
# of RCs: >20

Total Props: 1
Phelan Field Aerial View

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey gang, check out this Feb 28 video of the Phelan field showing a total absence of perimeter trees. That snow layer gets thinner every day!

Thanks to Moe Cote for the video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Mike Anderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #72
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 23
Re: Ottawa Valley Jets 2017

Wow you can zoom freely at both ends now with no trees! The Jet guys will enjoy that for sure!

Thanks Mike!
kpark is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #73
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Hi Guys

Well it was cold in Kanata last night but a good number of the local Jet guys came out to get together and talk jets. As per normal talking about food and flying took place

As you know we get to use the Carp Airport till dark on Saturday June 17th - We've been
scratching our heads on how to feed people and keep flying.

We decided to go old school on a idea that's worked great in the past " Swiss Chalet "
Yup your 20$ registration for the day will pay the pilots 1/4 chicken meal - If you have need for more meals for your Entourage you will need to buy them at same cost.

This way at 4pm we call in and order an exact number of meals for the event evening meal
There will also be food trucks on hand during the day for your lunch not for your diner.

The cost of registration for day is still 20$ even if your not staying for dinner.
Don't forget your getting free Jet-A from the Airport - Don't forget your container
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airshowbanner.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	967.4 KB
ID:	1191489  

Old 03-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #74
creek
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bob B
Radio of choice:
Jeti

Total Props: 0

Hi Ken, I see that your pm is not on. can you pm me with a way that i can have a chat with you. Thanks
Old 04-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #75
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Good Day Guys

As we get closer to the OVJ jet event we getting more sponsorship and other changes!
WE GOT A BETTER OFFER FOR THE MAIN MEAL - SO SWISS CHALET IS OUT!!!!!

We just sign up the local across the street from the Carp Airport Golf-Club "Irish Hills"

#1 The Golf Club will be open to the pilots for Breakfast 8am

#2 The Golf Club will now cater on site at the field next to the pilots area at 6pm for diner cost 15$ BBQ Hamburg or Sausage + Cesar Salad or Mixed Greens + Squares and Cookies for desert. The 15$ will be part of the pilots 20$ registration guest will need to get a meal ticket for same 15$ price

#3 The Golf Club will let us use the bar area after dark when your done flying for the day - This again works great as its in secure location with tons of parking for your trailers etc

#4 During the day OVJ will be running a Silent Auction and a 50/50 etc draw that's open to the public also. So if your lucky you could be going home with something nice.

#5 There will again be pilot prizes like we did last year.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Irish Hill logo.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1224873  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #76
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Good Day Guys

As we get closer to the OVJ jet event we getting more sponsorship and other changes!
WE GOT A BETTER OFFER FOR THE MAIN MEAL - SO SWISS CHALET IS OUT!!!!!

We just sign up the local across the street from the Carp Airport Golf-Club "Irish Hills"

#1 The Golf Club will be open to the pilots for Breakfast 8am

#2 The Golf Club will now cater on site at the field next to the pilots area at 6pm for diner cost 15$ BBQ Hamburg or Sausage + Cesar Salad or Mixed Greens + Squares and Cookies for desert. The 15$ will be part of the pilots 20$ registration guest will need to get a meal ticket for same 15$ price

#3 The Golf Club will let us use the bar area after dark (Yes we can fly till Dark) when your done flying for the day - This again works great as its in secure location with tons of parking for your trailers etc

#4 During the day OVJ will be running a Silent Auction and a 50/50 etc draw that's open to the public also. So if your lucky you could be going home with something nice.

#5 There will again be pilot prizes like we did last year.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #77
j-c terrettaz
RCC Master Contributor

I am: j-C T
Radio of choice:
PB Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 10

Very good news
j-c terrettaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #78
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

You've been busy & have made a good choice there. My wife's uncle hosts several family related parties there & the staff do a great job. The food & service are very good.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #79
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Hi Guys

As I mention earlier SHAMIHOBBIES was a feature sponsor of the OVJ jet event at Carp

Shami just told me what he would like to donate:

The #1 Prize http://shamihobbies.com/eachine-race...fpv-drone-pnp/ Its a nice drone.

And 3 of these drones for other categories: http://shamihobbies.com/eachine-fatb...uadcopter-bnf/

I will also provide some gift certificates.

Note Shamihobbies is a featured sponsor of RCCanada and is also seen in the MAAC mag
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Shamihobbieslogo.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1229065  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #80
kpark
RCC Senior Contributor

Holly Cow its almost May already!

Don't fret! Ken is hard at work getting things together for the OVJ Jet Rally

I've ordered a new batch of fantastic pilot awards - Same as last year because everyone love the ones we had sponsored by Altcare! Thanks Peter

New this year we have invited the local business to help us out with some sponsorship - We will be running a silent auction with those kind donations

As always we will have a 50/50 draw

Att: We have 2 free rounds of Golf from the Irish Hills Golf Club and now some wonderful hanging plants and planters from Ritchie's Feed & Seed we hope to add lots more as the companies join in on the fun!

PS: Brent Norman is working on some special B............ and ends with r project for the pilots just rumor att.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RichieFSlogo.png
Views:	30
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1238817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mug-Proof.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	1238825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Irish Hill logo.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1238833  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in