rules - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
rules

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys,just wanted to say that I just saw on the Sids site that rules have been posted.I think that having a table to put your stuff on after you race is an awesome idea!That should save so much time.Nothin ticks me off more than having to wait for people to come back out to marshal the next race.Its not rocket science,we all know how it works.I cant wait for this season to start.You guys that run the races do a great job!This year I suspect there will be alot more people out for the trophy races and we all need to do our best to help keep things rolling along through the day.I do have a question about the transponders you guys supply.Would it make things any easier if we took the transponder that has the same number on it as the number we are given for our race?It has been mentioned to me by someone else that said it might make things easier to figure out when you guys set up the computor at the beginning of each race.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
It might be helpful, but we reset the transponder #s at the beginning of each race anyway (except for those using personal transponders) - more importantly, these transponders are getting older and need to be on the charger in between heats as much as possible. On club race days, when there aren't as many racers, using the same transponder # helps, but on trophy days it may be difficult to cordinate, since they are on a heavier rotation.

We have noticed that more and more racers are picking up personal transponders - definitely helps speed up the day!

For those who haven't seen the rules, here is the direct link:

http://www.sidsraceway.com/rules.htm

mike
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #3

I am hopin to be able to pick up my own transponder as well sometime soon.Would be nice to have for sure and they arent all that expensive either from what I have seen.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Narly1
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 3
PT's are the way to Go!

Having a personal transponder is a definite luxury. Not having to go and get one and then install it in your vehicle is one less thing you have to worry about moments before your race starts.

Not to mention the personal versions are so much smaller and lighter than the hand-outs, which means they are more likely to stay put in your vehicle for the duration of your race.

Maybe we should be looking at another group purchase?

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
imported_lemontwistbird

re personal transponders

your idea of trying to purchase a bunch of personal transponders for a group rate of some sort sounds like a good plan earl.

im looking for one for my t3 anyways so id be into that idea for sure
imported_lemontwistbird is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

We will look into a bulk order - please post in this thread if you are interested in a personal transponder. They usually go for $115 - $125 last I checked.
Durango DEX410
Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #7

I could be in for that,keep me posted on price
Old 02-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

ill go for one of those, i would also like to know the price for each one in a bulk order.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
imported_ICSAM
RCC Master Contributor

i can use one as well.
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Good - so far we have 3 people. If anyone knows of Hobby stores that will do a bulk-discounted order, let us know. In the meantime, we will look at other options.
Durango DEX410
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in