GWS A-10 MOD's - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 05:21 AM   #11
Rogerball

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi All,,,

I purchase a A-10 last summer, and been reading many post on the way of construct the "HOG", (structure re-enforcing, power set-up view, ) and I still didn't start building yiet.

Many saying I should go brushless and Lipo,, is someone could tell me what power set-up I should go for,, for now I have those 55f- with 150 motor from the kit,, and how much will be the cost of those Brushless and Lipo ?

And I plan to make it heavyer for scale propose and I have a plan to do inner fuel tank on inner pilon that I will do (in foam materiel) to land on instead of the belly wing landing.

So thanks in advance for your futur reply to my questions.

HAppy A-10 patrol flight
Rogerball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #12
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Dutkoski
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 11
Howdy,

The setup I used is the WeMoTec Mirco fans and the stock Speed 300's, together I'm getting 110 watts of power. I'm using 2000 MaH NMh batteries. If you querry the E-Zone, you'll find alot of chaps have gone to brushless motors and Lipo's, but they have used the WeMoTec setup. This was before GWS came out with the 55 mm fans. I haven't tried these fans with brushless motors, but I'm sure someone has and you mght even find a report on the setup.
My A-10 is finished but has been sitting on the workbench all winter. I should at least get it into the air once, huh.
Dutkoski is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #13
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ted L

The problem with the GWS 55 are that they are not so capable of handling the higher rpms that a brushless setup will produce. If you are not going to swith to brushless then the GWS 55s are fine. I have heard of 2 different setups that use a brushless system, one of them uses a 2 cell lipo and the other a 3 cell. I have read a lot about this plane and the brushless setups as I am planning to get one as soon as I can afford the "investment".

One other thing I would recommend is to use some carbon fiber strips, the flat type, on the inside of the fuse for as long a section as you can fit, especially above the wing saddle as this is the weakest point in the fuse. It will crack easily if your landings are not perfect. Also replacing the bamboo rod the holds the nacelles in place with some carbon rod is another recommended modification.

I can't wait to get mine as this plane looks amazing in flight and has always been one of my favorites.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:22 AM   #14
Rogerball

Hidy you guy's,,

Thanks for the good reply,, I knew I had that to re-inforce that bird at so many place,, thanks,, got some pic's on a other site forum,, but I got a question,, are you guy's building the A-10 version 38.1 inch wing one,,, or the one with I heard have a longuer wing,, I thing more into glider type,,,

I was thinking to purchase a wing that version from GWS cause I want to hadd some weight,, (for scale propose),, but can they sale the wing a part from the kit ???

And one other question come into my mind,, ESC what is my better choise for those other fan & motor then GWS 55f-300 motors ? ,,, for the 38.1 inch version, and they other wing (glider type), and those would they be stronger and better to fly the bird with more weight then what propose GWS weight Max limit propose ?

I'm new to those electric facts and understanding, so your experience are my better choice at this time Guy's !

And I will consider your power set-up experience from you guy's,, thanks

See you soon,,
Old 06-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #15
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

GWS only makes one version of airframe for the A-10. I think you are reffering to the "Slope Soarer" version. What that means is GWS sells the foam pieces for all of the aircraft they make. That is just the foam pieces not the motor or other parts included in a full kit. Why they call it a slope version I don't know, would have been better to call it a short kit.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #16
Rogerball

Hi,,,

You mean that I could get the part for the longuer wing version alone ?,, with out the hole kit to buy ?,, that I want to do,, buy the longuer wing only,, is that what you meen //

see yea !
Old 06-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #17
Noin
RCC Pro Contributor

No, what I mean is there is not a longer version available from GWS. The slope version is just a foam parts bag of the same foam parts in the complete kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in