New Canadian ARF manufacturer! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #11
Ramz-to-tha-Z

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk
Yeah, I am truly impressed.....NOT!

Blatant advertising plug. Silly post.

Spar
Yes, this post was a blatant attempt at advertising as this is Jason's company. I'm just trying to give him some support and raise awareness about Maxair.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #12
Ramz-to-tha-Z

maxair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500E
What a hard group

I like it, I'm sure the poster is involved one way or the other, cool. Maybe he can get us a better price Looks like a nice ship and better yet another Canadian site for us
Looking forward to hearing more! Web site is off to a great start as well, exciting!

Steve
Yes, I am involved with Maxair. I did the prototype testing and the promotional videos. Hopefully, their will be some new and improved videos of Maxair's products in the near future. As for the better price, well i'll have to have a little chat with Jason! It is a very light, nice flying plane. Very solid and smooth. Knife edge flight is exceptional as are high alpha maneuvers.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:42 AM   #13
Ed Smith

Can somebody explain "Bump" to me?

Why was the price quoted in US dollars with "Approximate CDN" added as an afterthought?

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-18-2005, 06:22 AM   #14
jake_027
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dave V
Radio of choice:
Spektrum ix14

Total Props: 5
Re: 1 Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MIller
Hi,

I looked first time, only one plane showed, I looked after the bump by the same person - again only one plane, I now look again and still only one plane.

Wayne
In my opinion, I would rather see a new ARF manufacturer offer only one GOOD plane rather than 20 crappy planes. Build one plane but build it right. There is one particular ARF manufacturer that offers everything from trainers to warbirds to other scale planes and I honestly think their planes are junk. From a distance they look good but as soon as you do a close up inspection....like I said...junk. They offset the poor quality by offering a cheap price but some people want to pay more money to get a better ARF. So, like I said, make one ARF, charge fair money for it but make it GOOD!!

Not that there is anything wrong with offering a huge line of quality ARFs like Great Planes and Hanger 9 do, but, this takes time.

Just my opinion,

Dave
jake_027 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:26 AM   #15
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

When a new post is added to a thread, it 'bumps' it up to the top of the list of threads. Some users simply type the word 'bump' as a way of bringing the thread back to the top of the list.

I was waiting to see how long it would be before somebody mentioned that...didn't take very long.

The reason most manufacturers in Canada usually post their prices in US dollars is that the majority of the market is in the US.

It is estimated that the US hobby/RC market is about 10 to 15 times larger than it is in Canada. One could estimate that sales would be 10 to 15 times greater to the US market than to the Canadian market.
The shopping cart software was designed to offer both price in US and Canadian currency..it will do the conversion on the fly.

This is definitely not a slight towards Canadian consumers. We are a Canadian company and want to offer a great line of products to the Canadian consumer, but using the US market to sell quantity will allow us to offer better pricing.

Jason
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #16
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9
What is BUMP

Hi Ed,

Any time someone adds to a post, it is flagged as having a new entry and is shown as being active. This "bumps" the post to the top of the list and is shown as being active by the yellow folder.

Another term used is "ttt" or "To The Top".

I have posted a list of commonly used definitions and should be posting an up date shortly, if you see it, you can find the terms in it.

Hope this helps.

By the way, the KW Flying Dutchmen will be having a Swap meet at the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club (same place as the scale rally) on Jan. 3, 7 to 8 pm and we are inviting all the local surrounding clubs to attend. There will be no commercial vendors, it is strictly between modlers, and no charge to sell or buy. If its good weather, hope you and a few others from your area can make it.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #17
martinic
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7
I've been watching over the past months as Jason and Mark have been excerising the prototype at the club field over the past few months. It's really interesting to see product development at work and the product mature, especially when it's your friends and they're obviously having fun.

Congratulations are in order for the accomplishment of bringing this product to market! I'm certain that the plane will be backed up with excellent support - Jason's a heck of a nice guy.
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:54 AM   #18
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
Well I will chime in here because i've had a chance to fly it and thought i would share my thoughts.

First thing I gotta say is this thing does the nicest and easiest rolling harriers of anything i've flown to date. I contribute this to the awesome rudder control. Comparing it directly to the F90, I would safely say that it has about twice as much authority as the Funtanas rudder.

Second thing is that it flies extremly light, very easy to throw around and get into some crazy tumbles. Knife edge spins are probably not quite as nice as the F90's whos really wrap up and spin tight, but they are close.

Hovering, very easy and again the rudder control is superb. You can recover from some major angles that alot of planes you would need to fly out of.

Harriers.... upright a little rocking thier but I know the prototype has a bit of warping in the elevator which I don't think is helping it. Inverted they are solid though. Very similar to the F90.

As for precision, no comment, wasn't trying that out.

Engine choices, I would say OS91FX,MVVS 91 for minimum 2 stokes.... 4 strokes YS 110 ideal, Saito 125 probably equally as good.

Really a great plane and a 3D monster. I hope to get to fly it again or buy one for myself.

Chris Roberts
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #19
Midair
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Peter M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 26
Jason:

Blatant bump or not, I wish you the best of luck with your new venture! I'm proud of anything "made in Canada" and always try to support home grown manufacturers Offer quality at a competitive price and "they will come."

Peter
MAAC #22527

Murphy was an optimist; fly safe and have fun.
Midair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #20
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the good wishes. We hope to make a go of it.

Jason
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in