Double Horse 9053 Volitation - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
ckanroh
RCC Apprentice

I am: Cristian H

Total Props: 0
Elec Double Horse 9053 Volitation

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello guys again. Today it was another day of a good flight.
Since I've got my first helicopter every day when I came home from work two time in the evening I go in my garage and I fly my Volitation. The first impressions after two weeks... and after I have read about this model... is quit a good helicopter, is stable and it is responding well to commands, the trimming works well, I mean once you have stabilized the helicopter it goes on sable... at least mine helicopter, and those two light in the nose and tail are very nice. I saw that some "pilots" had some problems with, but I think that it is just a matter of good or bed luck - you don't have any ideas about what you will find in the box.
But lets talk about electric birds. I just measured the flight time and it about 10 to 15 minutes (it depends of how many cars enter in garage ) with a full charge of the battery pack - the charging time measured is 2 hours and 30 mins. For that I fly it just two times per evening, until I'll get some extra batteries I had some incidents with, once I hit a neon light in the garage, the heli was falling from about 6 feet and I just broke my canopi but we'll learn from this... am I right ? It,s still flying and it is controllable. Any way the garage is not the proper place to fly but until the winter will pass it's good.
Of course this things are just two weeks impressions... we'll see fro long term what's gonna happen.
That's all for now.
See you next time and have nice flight.
ckanroh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
ckanroh
RCC Apprentice

Elec Double Horse 9053 Volitation

Just another evening flight and a small photo session.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	141813   Click image for larger version

Name:	f4.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	141814   Click image for larger version

Name:	f3.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	141815   Click image for larger version

Name:	f6.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	141816  

Old 03-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
bensidus197217
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: jim w
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 9
Re: Double Horse 9053 Volitation

It is a very nice looking heli. How well does it handle?
bensidus197217 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
JamesBC
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jim N

Total Props: 2

LOL I do the same thing with the CPX, fly it in the garage, its alot warmer and not so wet in there.

I just try and keep it away from parked cars, so far the only thing I have hit, is me.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Nysik
RCC Apprentice

I am: Jay Dub
Radio of choice:
mCX2
# of RCs: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanroh View Post
I just measured the flight time and it about 10 to 15 minutes (it depends of how many cars enter in garage ) with a full charge of the battery pack - the charging time measured is 2 hours and 30 mins.
I am brand new to all of this, and I do realize this bird is pretty big, but should he be having to wait that long for a charge?!?! If so, I would like to know how long charge times take for birds in the 400, 500, 600 classes. Cuz all I have is a mcx2 but charging only takes about 25 minutes!
Nysik is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysik View Post
I am brand new to all of this, and I do realize this bird is pretty big, but should he be having to wait that long for a charge?!?! If so, I would like to know how long charge times take for birds in the 400, 500, 600 classes. Cuz all I have is a mcx2 but charging only takes about 25 minutes!
My M1 takes about 2 hours
my Shuang MA takes better then 2 hours
and my yd 9-11 take 3 hours

all of which will fly averageof 10 to 15 min which is not bad
better fight time means you need a higher MAH battery but then charge time also goes up from what i under stand

smaller helis dont take long to charge and they have good flight times as well for the most part to ..

now iam also new to this stuff my self and i do rather love it its a blast and i have been learing really fast about how to mod and repair them.

how ever i do admit after having some time to auctualy get a chance to fly my big birds in the guys , excpet for my shuang ma it gave me some problems which are now fixed thank god, anyhow its caused me to decied that coaxial altho is fun i want a a single blade FLaybarless that much more, but realsize ill be spending alot of time on the sim first ..

the volitation is a cool heli and tons of mods from that ihave see and heard a 2200 mah can be used and perhaps larger but dont take my word for it..
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
ckanroh
RCC Apprentice

Elec Re: Double Horse 9053 Volitation

Hi there,
I read about quite a lot and some guys say that had some problems with some not. A least mine is working very well. It respond well to al commands and is stable. With a full charge of original batteries which is about 2 and half hours you can fly it about 12 to 15minutes. I didn't try to do any modifications yet (I've checked a lot on youtube but not try them), I just want to buy some extra LiPo batteries for more flight time. Like I say until now is a good helicopter for beginners and also if you want some relax time, also the price was good. I enjoy every minute with and I think now to the next one that will be with single blades (I just browsing for informations about). If you want you can find some nice videos on you tube about.
So that's it for now... hope to talk to you soon
Have a nice flight.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
Tower
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jeremy
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysik View Post
Hi
When you transition to collective pitch helis you will find you are using multiple cell batteries and specialized chargers. Typical charge times, no matter how large the battery, are less than an hour and you can often charge several batteries at a time depending on the charger.
Cheers
Tower is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

I will only make one comment on this heli. Yes, it's very stable and it's easy for almost anyone to fly but... it's a 3ch heli so keep in mind that the longer you stay with it the more work it's going to be to go to the next level. The reason is that rudder (yaw) is controlled by the right stick in a 3ch heli, on a 4ch or 6ch heli the rudder is controlled by the left stick. One of the main reasons to practice with co-axials is to understand control movements so that you can take that with you to the next heli, with a 3ch, it actually screws you up to a certain point.

IMO, move to a 4ch co-axial or single rotor (solo pro, msr/msrx... etc.) asap. Some people can fly both but every time I try to fly a 3ch I ALWAYS end up putting rudder input instead of aileron... drives me crazy.
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
madmachinest68
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kevin m
Radio of choice:
i dont have a fav radio
# of RCs: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
I will only make one comment on this heli. Yes, it's very stable and it's easy for almost anyone to fly but... it's a 3ch heli so keep in mind that the longer you stay with it the more work it's going to be to go to the next level. The reason is that rudder (yaw) is controlled by the right stick in a 3ch heli, on a 4ch or 6ch heli the rudder is controlled by the left stick. One of the main reasons to practice with co-axials is to understand control movements so that you can take that with you to the next heli, with a 3ch, it actually screws you up to a certain point.

IMO, move to a 4ch co-axial or single rotor (solo pro, msr/msrx... etc.) asap. Some people can fly both but every time I try to fly a 3ch I ALWAYS end up putting rudder input instead of aileron... drives me crazy.
i have to agree with the it screws you up 3 to 4 channel. i will play with my 4 channel and of course like mentioned your yaw is now on the left going to the 3 channel again you tend to want to jam it left or right and it wont go , but i will say tho starting with a 3 channel is a good idea iam still on 3 channel for now once i master it then ill master the 4 then onto 6 and so on , ill likely buy a 6 way before iam ready but it will sit untill i have mastered the 4 channel and spent alot of time on the simulator before attempting it for real
madmachinest68 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Tags
coaxial , double horse 9053 , electric , helicopter , volitation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in