More crazy plankers!, More vids added! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #11

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
From his info looks like they are from the UK or Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/KapteinKUK

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
jkaz
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
all the safety violations aside yes i laughed pretty good myself seems like he/they deserved it
Jonathan
jkaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:44 AM   #13
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Shawn S.
Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Total Props: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
That's NOT funny at all. Could have been a catastrophee.

What the the hell was the guy that got hit doing standing right at the edge of the runway? Sounds like he was doing 3D and he was very lucky not to loose his airplane not to mention escape injury.

Real DumbAss if you ask me.
Indeed he was a dumbass, but admidt it was funny, if you did not find any humour in it you better tell your woman you need some lovin stat! :P

Old 12-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #14
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
That's NOT funny at all. Could have been a catastrophee.

What the the hell was the guy that got hit doing standing right at the edge of the runway? Sounds like he was doing 3D and he was very lucky not to loose his airplane not to mention escape injury.

Real DumbAss if you ask me.
Have to agree with Jim.

Safe flying practices would have eliminated the root causes of this. This guy is in the category "Cam Wooley will be talking about this....".

OK, let's stand this on its head -- what are the specific things that this guy was doing wrong that resulted in the event filmed, besides:
1) Too full of hormones and a don'tgive-a-darn attitude for own good.

Booo!!! you guys need to loosen up the collars!

Do you guys think he was trying to do 3D, seriously??? I don't think so, I think it was some clown who just didn't know how to fly all that well and couldn't land a damn plane good. In the process he took out his buddy that he forgot was standing to his right.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:33 AM   #15

Total Props: 57
If you look at their other vids you will find they have a lax attitude regarding any kind of safety. Flying in the pits, running into each other on purpose, trying to land on cars in the parking lot etc etc. Not surprising they have incidents like the one viewed and think it’s funny. I would be worried just putting any of my nice airplanes on the ground for fear of someone flying into the pits and damaging them. I don't find it fun to have to watch over my shoulder every minute I am at the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoapbrNPX5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCYUx_Tz5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWNbG2vbZrg
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #16
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Wow I did not see those ones, that is crazy, those crazy Euros!
Old 12-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #17
Ejiro
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oti Oteri

THAT WAS ME GUYS....I was the idiot.

Hey guys…..That was ME that hit that guy! This was in July or August 2004, and this field is in Bergen, Norway.
A bit of background: I was still learning how to fly, and was doing so at this club; not only was there no formal training program, but I was also the odd man out in the club. In addition to the fact that I did not speak their language, (although in all honesty, that should have been no barrier, because EVERY one of them spoke English) I was the only person of a different race at this club. So I was pretty much left on my own. I did seek some instruction, and had a young kid of about 15 years old buddy box with me from time to time, but not much. He was the only one that helped, really. At the time of this accident, I could only just barely control an RC trainer, as you can probably guess from the poor approach and landing. As you probably have seen from other videos taken by the same guy (Rolf), safety was really not even on the agenda. They enjoyed a laugh, and when I came to fly, Rolf had his camera ready (he practically lived in his car, on that field) because they knew this new guy was more likely than not going to crash.
I was determined to learn how to fly, so I did not let any of the setbacks get to me; including this incident, for which I was genuinely sorry. I did take responsibility for the accident at the time, even though we were both at fault. We should not have been standing so close to the runway, and should have communicated during the flight. Fortunately, the dude that got hit did not loose his plane. He was doing 3D high up, and suffered no more that a slight bruise on the chest. I did teach me a valuable lesson though; these planes can be dangerous, so one must be extremely careful. It also taught me to be responsible for my own safety and others around as much as possible.
Sad thing is that even after this accident, nothing changed at this site. I moved out of Norway at the end of 2004, but I am willing to wager that things are still the same.
Ejiro is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:25 AM   #18
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

Re: THAT WAS ME GUYS....I was the idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejiro
Hey guys…..That was ME that hit that guy! This was in July or August 2004, and this field is in Bergen, Norway.
A bit of background: I was still learning how to fly, and was doing so at this club; not only was there no formal training program, but I was also the odd man out in the club. In addition to the fact that I did not speak their language, (although in all honesty, that should have been no barrier, because EVERY one of them spoke English) I was the only person of a different race at this club. So I was pretty much left on my own. I did seek some instruction, and had a young kid of about 15 years old buddy box with me from time to time, but not much. He was the only one that helped, really. At the time of this accident, I could only just barely control an RC trainer, as you can probably guess from the poor approach and landing. As you probably have seen from other videos taken by the same guy (Rolf), safety was really not even on the agenda. They enjoyed a laugh, and when I came to fly, Rolf had his camera ready (he practically lived in his car, on that field) because they knew this new guy was more likely than not going to crash.
I was determined to learn how to fly, so I did not let any of the setbacks get to me; including this incident, for which I was genuinely sorry. I did take responsibility for the accident at the time, even though we were both at fault. We should not have been standing so close to the runway, and should have communicated during the flight. Fortunately, the dude that got hit did not loose his plane. He was doing 3D high up, and suffered no more that a slight bruise on the chest. I did teach me a valuable lesson though; these planes can be dangerous, so one must be extremely careful. It also taught me to be responsible for my own safety and others around as much as possible.
Sad thing is that even after this accident, nothing changed at this site. I moved out of Norway at the end of 2004, but I am willing to wager that things are still the same.

FOR REAL????? What are the odds of this wow!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #19
Ejiro
RCC Apprentice

I am: Oti Oteri

Yes for real!! Check all my posts on this site(they are not that many anyway), and I believe that you'll find something that refers to the fact that I was in Norway at some point. Boy those were some days, I tell you.
Ejiro is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 AM   #20
OICU812
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Vcontrol

LMAO WOW! Well that is Bizarre, the video gave me a good laugh though that is for sure. I can understand being there and dealing with that is not likley so funny though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in