DORC Construction has started!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 0
Construction has started!!!

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the status of the tracks.

Today we started construction on the large track!

The entire track has been roughed out and the grass removed! Next weekend (once everything dries up and we can get a different Bobcat there) we will be cleaning the track up and putting in all the jumps etc!

Here are few pictures for now, I will update this thread with the more finished pictures when they get online!

Enjoy!

Also the electric track has been laid out and mowed as well as the large oval!
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

Updates!

Here are some updated pictures that were taken today. Just now we are waiting on the locate service/one call to give us the okay to dig for the drivers stand, and we have another Bobcat coming this weekend to move the dirt where we want it. Right now it is just pushed to the outsides of the lanes and somewhat randomly around the track, we tried to plan as best we could but it was too wet and muddy under the grass to really work it good.

For a size referance the lanes are all 12' - 14' wide and the center line around the track is 875' give or take 5'

I think that you will agree that we have a good start going now... as for the other 2 tracks we are putting in, the Oval has been laid out and we did the layout in the grass for the 1/10th track but we now feel it is too small so we will be redoing that and making it larger so nothing to share on that one right now. the Oval is probably 80' x 160'? Haven't measured it just yet...

Anyhow enough talk enjoy the pics!

I know over the years we've all heard of many track that are going to open "this year for sure" and we've all held our breath and waited excitedly to only be let down when after months and months it doesn't happen... yet again... well the time to exhale and be happy is right around the corner!! (I'm not taking a shot at any person or organization with this one, just that I've been one of those people holding my breath and I know the frustrations!)

We are on track to the schedule we've set. This weekend I hope to have a few cars on the track testing it (sorry, don't need any testers, we've got that covered) and if all goes as planned (ie, no bad weather etc) we hope to open the club for some final test runs May 30th and have our first offical day June 6th!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
willyhowells
RCC Senior Contributor

he man its looking good if u need a hand give me a call. u got my number.
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_racer View Post
he man its looking good if u need a hand give me a call. u got my number.
Thanks buddy! There is a sign up on the other site for people to help out if you want to sign up there too. Are you around this weekend or are you guys out racing?

-- Jeff --
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

I wish I was closer too Jeff. You KNOW I'd be there slugging with ya' man!

Lookign good though man. Keep it up, and you'll be rippin' in no time!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I know you would be Kevin!

Hoping to do some testing this weekend and have our offical opening the first weekend of June!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in