H9 Sukhoi SU-26MM SE (85cc) - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #61
Patrick Connaughty
RCC Contributor

I am: Patrick C

Total Props: 1
Re: H9 Sukhoi SU-26MM SE (85cc)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingburner View Post
You are welcome...I would opt for the MVVS over the Evolution even if it cost a bit more. Pe is really good.
I emailed PE regarding the MVVS 80 and pipe and header. I will probably go that route. i like the idea of the dual plug option. Is MVVS all that different from Evolution? I ask because it doesn't appear so on the surface.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #62
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Connaughty View Post
I emailed PE regarding the MVVS 80 and pipe and header. I will probably go that route. i like the idea of the dual plug option. Is MVVS all that different from Evolution? I ask because it doesn't appear so on the surface.
No the basic design is the same. But Pe is better to deal and carries alot more stuff for the engines than Horizon..And of course you don't see the twin spark option in the Evo line....I'd bet Pe is getting alot of calls for this same combo you and I are considering.

I think the header drop should be 15 to 25mm...is that what you got?
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #63
Patrick Connaughty
RCC Contributor

Quote:
No the basic design is the same. But Pe is better to deal and carries alot more stuff for the engines than Horizon..And of course you don't see the twin spark option in the Evo line....I'd bet Pe is getting alot of calls for this same combo you and I are considering.

I took the Sukhoi out of the box the night I got it to have a look but I have two other large projects on the go right now. I packed it back up again for now and didn't take any measurements. I will get the MVVS and pipe in January. I wasn't even planning on getting the Sukhoi but my LHS was having a "Midnight Madness" sale last week and everything in the store was 25% off. I HAD to buy it at that price. I need to save some pennies now to get the engine and pipe. I am hoping to gain the info that I need to order the right stuff over the next 6 weeks while I finish off my other planes. Please keep me posted on what you discover.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #64
Patrick Connaughty
RCC Contributor

Quote:

Would I not need an engine mounted to refrence for measurements to begin with?

I emailed MTW and got this respose:

Hello Casey,

Many thanks for your interest in our products. We can offer you our tuned pipe RE 3 and a double bend header with 25 mm drop. Could you please check whether the header will fit your engine / model combination? Thanks in advance.
Please let us know where you are from, as we might have a dealer in your country.

Have a nice weekend.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
MTW
Volker Weiershäuser
p.p. Maike Strauss
Email: info@mtw-daempfer.de
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #65
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Connaughty View Post
Would I not need an engine mounted to refrence for measurements to begin with?

I emailed MTW and got this respose:

Hello Casey,

Many thanks for your interest in our products. We can offer you our tuned pipe RE 3 and a double bend header with 25 mm drop. Could you please check whether the header will fit your engine / model combination? Thanks in advance.
Please let us know where you are from, as we might have a dealer in your country.

Have a nice weekend.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
MTW
Volker Weiershäuser
p.p. Maike Strauss
Email: info@mtw-daempfer.de

You can measure by looking up the engine dimensions and then going of the centerline on the engine box.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #66
Patrick Connaughty
RCC Contributor

Quote:
You can measure by looking up the engine dimensions and then going of the centerline on the engine box.
Silly me. Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #67
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62

Quote:
I had an MVVS 80 Trevor and was extremely pleased with it..It is a very smooth engine. I tried the Mej. 26/10 and the 27/10TH...It hated the 26/10 but performed very very well with the 27/10TH.

Against the 3W 85..Hmmmm...Giving up a few cc and the 3W's have very good torque but the MVVS's are torque monsters as well...

The 3W would likely be a bit more powerful so it is a tough choice..The MVVS is considerably cheaper and as good an engine in every way.

Leaning hard to the MVVS.
Very cool!! Sounds to me like the MVVS80 may just be the ticket!!

Listen - I picked up an electric power system that is going in my 50cc EF Yak on 10S lipo. The reason I got it was to test it and eventually put in an 85cc bird and run it on 12S.

On 10S, it will turn a 26x10 prop at 5500 rpm, so a fair bit more than a DA50 with unfortunately a 1.4lb weight penalty over the DA50. On 12S, it turns a 26x12 or 27x10 prop at around 6200 rpm and has the same all up weight as a DA85 on muffler!!!

Now you've got me drooling over this plane - it would be perfect for my electric system

PS - I still don't recommend electrics - I've got around $1700 into this power-system! The electrics have torque beyond compare, but tough to justify with the price!!

Cheers

Trev
TBrum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #68
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 10

Let me first off say, thanks for going out of your way to get the pics for "US" I really like the plane and the color looks better than i thought! and super light too! Stick with 80cc this is your RAG DOLLY plane any how ain't it?

FUTABA 18SZ
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #69
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz

Quote:
Originally Posted by always flying View Post
Let me first off say, thanks for going out of your way to get the pics for "US" I really like the plane and the color looks better than i thought! and super light too! Stick with 80cc this is your RAG DOLLY plane any how ain't it?
lol!!!

I can see the drool dripping off his chin already.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #70
wingburner
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba.18sz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrum View Post
Very cool!! Sounds to me like the MVVS80 may just be the ticket!!

Listen - I picked up an electric power system that is going in my 50cc EF Yak on 10S lipo. The reason I got it was to test it and eventually put in an 85cc bird and run it on 12S.

On 10S, it will turn a 26x10 prop at 5500 rpm, so a fair bit more than a DA50 with unfortunately a 1.4lb weight penalty over the DA50. On 12S, it turns a 26x12 or 27x10 prop at around 6200 rpm and has the same all up weight as a DA85 on muffler!!!

Now you've got me drooling over this plane - it would be perfect for my electric system

PS - I still don't recommend electrics - I've got around $1700 into this power-system! The electrics have torque beyond compare, but tough to justify with the price!!

Cheers

Trev
I think an electric setup would be great...I did some pricing Trevor and it is expensive. I have some tell me that the electric setup for this size is still not as good as it could be...I don't know though..

I want to talk to you about the setup you bought!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in