It's time to get a new buggy and truggy - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
All buggies will get the job done... Get what your LHS carries parts for and maybe what some people are running so in a pinch if and when something does go wrong they may have a spare that you can borrow...

LOSI
MUGEN
XRAY
KYOSHO
HOBAO/JAMMIN

will do well in the right hands... there is a car/truck out there for everyone.
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
sutherlandan
RCC Junior Contributor

From what i've seen of the XT8 around the track, it doesn't seem to handle too well. That could also be setup/driver, but every Mugen I see seems to just be at home on the track. That's why I bought mine, and couldn't be happier with my choice. I've yet to break anything, and if you take your time with the build and do it right, it will last you a long time. More and more Mugens are popping up, and for good reason.
sutherlandan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutherlandan View Post
From what i've seen of the XT8 around the track, it doesn't seem to handle too well. That could also be setup/driver, but every Mugen I see seems to just be at home on the track. That's why I bought mine, and couldn't be happier with my choice. I've yet to break anything, and if you take your time with the build and do it right, it will last you a long time. More and more Mugens are popping up, and for good reason.
Just for instance the at Tillsonburg the Losi (Dave Henry) the Jammin (Andrew Phillipe) and the Xray (Myself) posted the only 9 lap runs during truggy quallifying the Xray does a fine job in the handleing department and all are very capable like Crusher said

the MBX5T prospec at a-main hobbies is 579.99

the Xray XT8 at a-main hobbies is 559.99

both are very close in price point its definately a matter of preferance with that much difference between the 2

20 bucks is nothing in this hobby/sport

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #14
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Does the XRAY come with all the goodies ? The MBX5T comes fully loaded. If Mugen brings out a MBX5T-R the price will drop like it did for the buggy.

Just a question as I don't know .
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #15
endler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenman View Post
Does the XRAY come with all the goodies ? The MBX5T comes fully loaded. If Mugen brings out a MBX5T-R the price will drop like it did for the buggy.

Just a question as I don't know .
My truggy is stock that Ive been running it has been in stock trim since i recieved it. It has all the upgraded parts that the new buggy has in other words it is based on the EC platform. Big bore shocks and all

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
Old 08-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #16
-Joe-R/cWhanaBe

sorry off topic

im just wondering at amain hobbies. how can you figure out the shipping in canadian as well as the total cost.example your buying the MBX5T prospec for 579.99 if you were to order it in canada what would the final cost be. how would you include shipping?
-Joe-R/cWhanaBe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #17
endler

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Joe-R/cWhanaBe View Post
im just wondering at amain hobbies. how can you figure out the shipping in canadian as well as the total cost.example your buying the MBX5T prospec for 579.99 if you were to order it in canada what would the final cost be. how would you include shipping?
I just gave an example of price point i would support my LHS and buy my gear there

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Call Kendall at A Main Hobbies and ask him. I'm sure he will help you answer that question.

You could also ask Chuck at C-Low hobbies. He could give you a price I'm sure. He is signed in on this forum under C-low. You could discuss shipping.

A friend of mine bought lots of stuff from amainhobbies and said they were good.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #19
jatofan69
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Andrew

Why not a Losi 8ight? RC Car Action Car of the year. It is dominating the American 1/8 Buggy Class and parts availabilty is awesome.

I have a buddy that has one and i am in love!
Mini-T-C4 Team Bluegroove
Mugen MBX5T
Dufferin RC- New!
jatofan69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
I didn't read all the posts... but heres why i KNOW that kyosho's are too good:
Super crazy steering, should you chose to setup your car that way
VERY strong parts - especially kyosho ball ends, driveshafts (which are u-joint based and not CVD) and pretty good arms. The bulkheads are great as well. They've nailed their plastics down for sure.
Parts availability - yes their distributorship WAS screwed up, but you can now get the parts on the shelf at many LHS's, as well as order from them or even a new local distributor.
Extremely reliable - always finish your race unless you beat the living crap out of something and break it.
Competitively tuneable - theres no tuning issues with the car since they released the SP2. Now with the super-smooth big bores they float around the track on a little white fluffy cloud.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in