Just wasted my last $9... - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #21

Total Props: 57
Re: Just wasted my last $9...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So I broke down a couple weeks ago and picked up M.A.N yet again, stupid me for not actually sitting down and READING all the table of contents to see what was actually IN the magazine....
I was in a hurry so I skimmed the table of contents, saw a couple things I was interested in (also shown on the cover, why I picked it up in the first place)....

Get home, go to my reading room (yeah, I read in the bathroom, you know, no input, no output right LOL) open up the new magazine to read the article that first grabbed my attention........

It's only available online..... The magazine is already smaller than ever, and full of more ad's, but I couldn't even read the article I wanted, because it wasn't in the magazine......

I surf the internet and the RC sites daily, but you know, when you're away at a lake, or just relaxing and want nothing to do with the computer, a magazine is nice, why are they selling us magazines that tell us to go to the internet to read the bleeding articles!!!!????

Another wasted $9...... my fault entirely...... *sigh*
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
canadianf1pilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill Brisson
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 6

Just once I would like to see an honest report on an ARF or motor they write a feature on. I have never seen a pilot report have ANYTHING negative to say about anything they test...each report is a 4 page add to sell whatever they test.
now I'm sure that a lot of the stuff they test is ok, and they will not keep getting free planes and engines to test if they tell everyone that they are crap, but at least stop trying to pump sunshine up our butts when it's a crappy product.
I'll keep reading the MAAC mag, sounds like there are a few changes in the works there.

Bill
canadianf1pilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #23

Total Props: 57

RC Report has been online for some time now at http://www.rcreport.net/ they have subscription rates. The standard rate give full access the premium version allows you to download the magazine in pdf format and print it so you read it like any other magazine. For details go to their FAQ page.

Many of the British and off shore magazines have good articles but I don’t think I would subscribe.

Instead I go to chapters and leaf through for articles that interest me. If I find one I buy that magazine. That way I don’t have to wade through several issues to read something of interest.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in