JR DMSS and why I switched - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
Douglas Rosler
RCC Contributor

I am: Douglas R
Radio of choice:
JR/Spektrum/Hitec
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Alberta Re: JR DMSS and why I switched

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Cool thank for getting back to me about this.I have read this over a few times now and it is starting to make some cent to me.At first I thought I mist the boat but now I think I am on a differnt one . I am thinking about sending my TX in for service as there were some problem's with some of the JR 9303 with the wiring but other then that I am good to go.

Thank you for your time and the info have a good one.

Douglas
Douglas Rosler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC28 & MC20 & MZ-32
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 32
Re: JR DMSS and why I switched

David

I am not sure if this is what you are after but I set up my XG11 to give flap movement using the small switches at the top of the Tx. The one on the left as the one on the right is automatically a flap trim??? Not sure how this is but I can't seem to get rid of it either.

I enabled the switch (2ps) in the devices screen as Aux 6 and then mixed that device to the flaps only allowing movement in the down direction. I get about 18 distinct steps with each 'beep' or movement.

In the switch selection of the mix it is only allowed if the flap switch is in the up position.

Don't know if this would help but I like the way it works on my set up.

I am setting up a Sig Mid Star 40 that someone gave me. The wing was started but not useful so I built a new wing with flaps and barn door ailerons. Thought this would be a good knock around A/C with floats, wheels, and skies.

With the flaps in the up position they will act as ailerons. With the flaps in the take-off or landing positions they are only flaps and subject to the slow speed. They drop to landing position in four seconds and take two seconds to get back to normal.

Hurry on spring! Although it feels like it today.
cloudniner is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner View Post
David

I am not sure if this is what you are after bu....
Maybe not exactly......but reading that started some thoughts of some other creative ways I might be able to use the sliders and combo switching to achieve what I am after.

I may need to get deeper into some manual editing of the .spm too.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #34
cloudniner
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Richard N
Radio of choice:
Graupner MC28 & MC20 & MZ-32
# of RCs: 24

Total Props: 32

Dave

Just discovered something on the MC20 I really like. They call them Logical Switches.

I was setting up my flaps so that they would operate like the flaps on the control line planes. Elevator goes up flaps go down. However this should only happen when the flaps are not deployed as flaps and another switch has to be on.

In the mixing of elevator and flaps just chose the logic switch that you have set up previously. Works like a charm.

There are eight of these that can be set up. They allow for 'AND' / 'OR' choices.

So if the flap switch is OFF 'AND' the mixing switch is ON I get the control line flaps and if the mixing switch is OFF and the flap switch is OFF - I get the flaps as ailerons.

With a bit of fancy stuff one can do this on the XG but this method is so much more 'LOGICAL'....
cloudniner is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110

I saw those logic switches. Was sort of a eureka moment like "Why didn't somebody think of this before"

Right away I was thinking of how they could be used in combination/cascading.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in