Advice - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #1
steven

Total Props: 0
Advice

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi i am just starting out.i am looking at getting a nitro rc truck i want somthing that i can jump and is pretty fast but still very reliable and at a good price.what should i look at getting?any advice will be very apreciated
thanks
steven is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
barrett
RCC Contributor

I am: Barrett Russell

well personally i hate the bigger nitro trucks like the tmaxx's, but if you go for a nitro MT deff go for the savage ss. as for nitro stadiums, your best bet would be rc10gt. and maybe the Evader too.
barrett is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
kersplat
RCC Contributor

truck to get

To suit your needs , T Max absolutely. You will not be dissappointed. May be the last truck you will need.

Old 01-22-2004, 04:14 PM   #4
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

I love my t-maxx
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #5
DuuhMojo

HPI Nitro MT I have, nice and fast, can take the jumps and is
4 wheel drive. Good all around truck for your buck.

DuuhMojo
DuuhMojo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:34 AM   #6
Maynard

If you are just starting out you need to decide if you want a ready to run model or a kit that you have to build RTR's are nice and if you like Monster trucks I would say go for the T Maxx I have a Savage and a T-Maxx and they are a fairly equal match again this is a personal preferance. Another question you have to ask yourself is are your freinds into RC if so what do they Run? Because you are definatly going to want to compete with them.

If you are looking for a 2WD stadium truck then the RC10 GT RTR is a nice starting point but I kind of prefer the Losi XXXNT RTR Sport and if you want to get into Buggies there are all kinds of choices there 1/8th scale buggies are a blast and there are plenty of quality choices out there.

I know your dilemma I spent about 4 months just researching on the net before I even went into a hobby store and then decided 1/8 scale buggies were for me.

Overall the TMaxx is most likely the best choice just because of the hundreds of option parts and hop ups available for it so as you get better your truck can get better too and it helps keep the bordem of always having the same car at bay.

Hope this helps and good luck
Maynard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
oggie
RCC Noob

I would suggest getting the HPI Savage. It has lots of add-ons. It's 1/8 versus the tmaxx 1/10, so it's bigger. And from what I've read and seen, the savage tends to be more durable. I'm biased, since I have a savage, but it's yet to break on me.

As for hop-ups, a good vehicle doesn't need them....
oggie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 AM   #8
jacobsladder

I have a tmaxx, a xxxnt, and an Ofna buggy. I like them all. I will say that the tmaxx begs you to upgrade it. I think I have spent more on the parts and accessories than I have on the truck itself. I like the xxxnt (the rc10 is excellent as well) because it runs forever, its easy to tune, and because these units are so light you don't tend to smash them up so much when you crash.
Happy shopping.
jacobsladder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in