Something New!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
nigol
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Something New!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
There is certainly something attractive about a model aeroplane becoming airborne whilst lifting a Payload! .......... but whilst the technology to implement this is new the concept most certainly isn't! ............. the PAA airline company sponsered an event in the 50's which required a model to become airborne whilst carrying a 'PAA" load and I can remember as a boy in the UK building a model and entering such an event! ....... the attraction then that it was possible for entrants of limited means to actively participate and I hope that the suggested version of today will let it remain so ...........................

http://www.brooklynskyscrapers.org/gallery.html

Last edited by nigol; 02-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.
nigol is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #12

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigol View Post
There is certainly something attractive about a model aeroplane becoming airborne whilst lifting a Payload! .......... but whilst the technology to implement this is new the concept most certainly isn't! ............. the PAA airline company sponsered an event in the 50's which required a model to become airborne whilst carrying a 'PAA" load and I can remember as a boy in the UK building a model and entering such an event! ....... the attraction then that it was possible for entrants of limited means to actively participate and I hope that the suggested version of today will let it remain so ...........................

http://www.brooklynskyscrapers.org/gallery.html
You are correct in that it is not a new concept it however is a new idea for an event within MAAC. Trying to start something new in which any and all are welcome to participate. The OS .61FX is an inexpensive, readily available engine of very good quality and dependability. This engine size will keep the overall weights lifted reasonable and the airframe size reasonable for most to not only design and build but to transport to the competition. I bet everyone already has the support equipment needed and the skills to attempt to fly it.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Looked at the rules, two things are confusing:

"2.4 gig" should read 2.4 GHz (Heinrich Hertz is spinning in his grave)

"weight lifted in kilograms/grams by 4" is truly unclear; grams or kilograms and is that divided by four?

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #14

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo View Post
Looked at the rules, two things are confusing:

"2.4 gig" should read 2.4 GHz (Heinrich Hertz is spinning in his grave)

"weight lifted in kilograms/grams by 4" is truly unclear; grams or kilograms and is that divided by four?

Thanks.
Kilograms/grams perhaps I should have said metric only. Depends on the accuracy of the scale at the time of the contest. If a scale in Kilograms accurate to at least 1/10 a gram cannot be found then we would be most likely measuring in grams. The result multiplied by four.

If ol Heinrich spins fast enough put a prop on him see how much he can lift.

Had a few other emails with suggestions on wording that will not change the intent that I will most likely incorporate into the official web page when I get a chance. Not enough hours in the day at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks M

Dennis

Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in