A good race truggy. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

Total Props: 0
A good race truggy.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi I have decided on what buggy i am going to race. (RC Now i want to run truggy since i haven't ran one yet. My top picks are the:

1)Kyosho ST-RR
2)Mugen MBX5T Prospec
3)GS Xut
4)Team Losi 8ightT
5)Thunder Tiger St-1

Also any RTR in that list that only needs minior hop-ups. (what you guys and girls think.)

I choose these because, parts are easy to get for them. (except the mugen and xut so far) Let me know your experiences with the truggies. I want to make the right choice and get a good truggy. I am beginner in the truggy field so what are the up's and downs for the truggy. Comments and advice is most appreciated. Thank you in advance. Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
ericem
RCC Contributor

I am: Eric Meola
Radio of choice:
FS-GT3B
# of RCs: 5

Lovin my ST-1 Truggy!! Although if you have the $$ get the 8ight-t going to have the best hop up and part support.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
ChrisP
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris Persyn

The Xray XT8 has also been performing very well, proving to be durable and parts availability shouldn't be an issue with CanWestRC having a strong Xray presence in Canada.
ChrisP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
The Xray XT8 has also been performing very well, proving to be durable and parts availability shouldn't be an issue with CanWestRC having a strong Xray presence in Canada.
yea my buddy has the xt8 and is amazing. but i'm not a big fan of xray. I see you have a nomadio radio what are you running the sensor or the react? The reason i asked is because, i wanted to know if you had the sensor, did you get the billet aluminum steering shaft? ifso how is it?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericem View Post
Lovin my ST-1 Truggy!! Although if you have the $$ get the 8ight-t going to have the best hop up and part support.
The ST-1 seems to be on the top of my list. Reason being because, the rc8 is running those diffs. plus i herd theres a supplier in Ontario to. I am still open to all opinions and advice. Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
Tapp
RCC Noob

I've seen the Team Losi 8ight T run, its a great truggy and would be a great car for the track.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

IMHO the top 2 are your best choices on that list. Apaprently you can get Kyosho parts easily (www.infernosonly.com I think) and as for the Mugen Spektrum Hobbies in Whitby has a whole wall of 5R and 5T parts on the way there I've been told...

Might think I'm biased lookign at the signature but I've owned something from everyone on that list (plus XRay's also) and I stuck with the Mugens. They suit me and my style best.
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #8

Total Props: 57
Im running an 8Tr and the thing drives itself once you found the right balance of diff oils. even the RTR is awesum (all round power)
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM   #9
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

a good race truggy

i raced an st1 pro all season and i never broke any suspension parts,shocks or blew any diffs.

its a very tough durable truggy and with a good steering servo and a simple mod on the front knuckles and the thing steers phenominal.

i can honestly say that im thankful that i havent broken any major parts because its a bit difficult getting thunder tiger parts. not many hobby shops in my area carry the parts.

a guy on here posted a thread showing an st1 truggy rtr selling for 299.99 from i think was a main hobbies. your getting a great truggy for a really good price imo.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #10
imported_Rc Squirt
RCC Pro Contributor

personally i dont think that u should be running a st-1 because it has the same diffs as a st-1. it is a ffairly old truggy. the kyosho is a very very nice vehicle but is alot of money and losi could be an option as well as the mugen. plz dont get a st-1 i think i will have to ** slap u for being a dumb lol. as for the xut umm do i need to say more lol jks its nice but i would go with the factory team kit. personally i love my mugen it has done me well but i am a buggy driving which is why i am selling but once the rc8t come out i will be ready for it and will be running this. maybe u want to think about just running one class and focusing on that.
imported_Rc Squirt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in