RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #1031
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hugh, those pics are awesome, makes a almost look good, it's refreshing to witness the enthusiasm displayed weekend after weekend since we started six or 7 years ago. For me, I look forward to the weekends every winter, there's so much to learn and so much fun to be had every time.
Thanks Hugh for nice pics and your relentless devotion to the hobby.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #1032
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1

Well if the BF isnt known across the country it will be this week.
'The MAAC Magazine features a build and fly article on a kit supplied by GB,build and photos by Craig Knight,and article intro and exit by yer blushing faithful servant.
This wasnt a put up job either..........Craig had full permission to tell it like he saw it ..........and did!

Kevin
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #1033
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0

Dang Nab! It's Monday, Feb. 21st, and still no MAC Mag.... Am itchin to see this article on the NOW famous, Gaston.. He sure has givin the indoor gang a real good reason to carry on flyin all winter, like the Southerners do... Only indoor...
Great pictures there Hugh, specially of the ole feller hisself with the Foam Star YAK..
It's the best thing I've come across since peanut butter was invented! And, he says he's working on another "Special" for next fall eh? Better get a supply of 10amp Esc's, Turnigy motors, and a bunch of the new lipos that are going around. Oh ya, and a good supply of those new LIGHT servos that Gaston found.. At least this way, I'll be ready for the NEW one... Oh ya, and a supply of Foam to Foam glue....
Congratulations Gaston, Your one heck of a guy, see ya March 6th for some lessons on how to fly......
And, Kevin, I hope you can make it to.... It will give you time to yak with our SW Zone Director, Col. Klink, er Frank Klenk... *sorry bout that Frank.
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #1034
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath View Post
Well if the BF isnt known across the country it will be this week.
'The MAAC Magazine features a build and fly article on a kit supplied by GB,build and photos by Craig Knight,and article intro and exit by yer blushing faithful servant.
This wasnt a put up job either..........Craig had full permission to tell it like he saw it ..........and did!

Kevin
Thanks for fhe heads up Kevin and Craig, looking forward to it.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #1035
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Art
To be honest, Hugh found those servos, he actually gave me 3 of them to try, they're a bit of a pain to change the plugs but it only happens once, it's worth it, they are light. As far as new models, Ray is the programming guru, all I do is ask him to create a file for a certain model, we discuss the layout and he comes up with the needed files, he's one of the best. I'm very fortunate to have friends like Ray and Hugh.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #1036
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Manitoba Re: Blue Foamie

Hey Foamball

This is a busy time of year for MAAC board members but I have put the seminar on the possible list.
The Klenkster is a good friend and fellow board member and we are in touch regularly........yesterday for example.
The Feb issue of the magazine runs a little late because of all the Annual General Meeting content that it must carry at this time of year.
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #1037
paulbipe
RCC Contributor

I am: Paul P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 2

Hi Gaston,
On the subject of drawings. Would it be possible to also post the drawings as a dxf file as well as a pdf.
I finally got the vacuum box made and tried it out yesterday. It worked as expected and makes it easy to route great chunk of foam and leave a very thin film behind. will take pics today and post.

Paul
paulbipe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #1038
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Hey Gaston, weather is going to be not too bad for your trip down to Tillsonburg, Thursday?? or Friday, and even better for Sunday... At London...
Expecting rain, and NO snow....
See ya Sunday..
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #1039
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Hey Gaston, weather is going to be not too bad for your trip down to Tillsonburg, Thursday?? or Friday, and even better for Sunday... At London...
Expecting rain, and NO snow....
See ya Sunday..
Hi Art
I'm really looking forward to the IMAC seminar and flying with you guys on Sunday.. we'll be leaving Saturday around 04:00 am...ouch
Keep watching this thread, a couple new Blue Foam models will be testflown this afternoon, so far it looks very promising, I'll post some pics later on today, I'm trying to keep it a secret till this afternoon..
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #1040
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Crossing fingers and toes: hope they are around 20" wingspan!

Can we reserve a spot on the order list right away? (even if they are not 20" or less?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in