Li-Po Question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Quhaine

Total Props: 0
Li-Po Question

Okay! Newbie heli guy here with probably the first of many questions to the pro's.

Just bought my Honey Bee King 2 heli this weekend and on the first charge of my battery it took about two hours to charge and the light went solid green on the charger indicating that it was charged.

The second and third charge it did not go green after 2 and a half hours of charging up.

The instructions say "Charging time can not exceed 120 minutes."

So...

1. Do I heed the instruction in the manual or should I wait the more than 120 minutes and wait for the light to go green?

2. What will happen to the battery if it is being charged longer than the 120 minutes and the ready light is not solid green?

Battery
E - sky 11.1v 1000mAh 3 cell Li-Po battery pack
E - sky balanced charger with AC adapter

Thanks to all that can help.

Quhaine
Quhaine is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
stikflyer
RCC Contributor

I am: Kevin L
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14SG
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
What is the charge rate of that charger? The time is takes to charge the battery depend's on the charge rate set on the charger.
stikflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
astrofler
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Al E

Total Props: 3
The best thing you can do if you want to stay in this area of the hobby is buy a decent lipo balance charger. I recommend the cellpro from FMA direct. decent price and as good as there is.

charging a fully depleted lipo should take about an hour on the cellpro or similar.

the esky charger isn't great....

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
kwm
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Keith M

Total Props: 9
DO NOT run your batteries all the way down as you will destroy them. You can't take them below 3.2 volts per cell.
kwm is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in